1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corneliani shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbadbuff, Nov 20, 2002.

1. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....83&rd=1 this is a GORGEOUS shirt IMO. Sleeves are too short for me though. Not a terrific deal but Corneliani shirts are a little hard to come by in my experience and I like them a lot. Just thought I'd pass it along, we're all here to help each other, right? [​IMG]

2. Jofaile

Jofaile Senior Member

Wow, I would love to have that shirt (French cuff, spread collar is my absolute favorite style). But, unfortunately, I wear 15 1/2 - 34/35, so the sleeve would be a bit too short for me as well. On to the next contestant... [​IMG]

3. bigbadbuff

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....3925962 he's also got a 15 1/2 FYI. ARGH why can't those sleeves be longer. I guess I'd wear a L in Corneliani shirts... I wear about a 35" sleeve.

4. Jofaile

Jofaile Senior Member

Yes, still too short. It is as if he knows us and is taunting us intentionally. [​IMG]

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Distinguished Member

That is a very nice shirt; you can tell it's good quality by the way the boxes match up on the placket. I had no idea that Corneliani shirts went for $295 though. Are they THAT good? Are they up to Borrelli standards?

6. bigbadbuff

I was more than surprised by that as well. I'm sure they are very good quality, but I doubt they are in the realm of Borrelli. Probably a step down. Incidentally, the Nov. Robb Report has a GREAT article on top of the line dress shirts and 10 ways to tell if one is. I didn't realize that Lorenzini made Ralph Lauren Purple Label's dress shirts- they do according to that article. Lorenzini, Borrelli and Kiton all got high praise in the article... as well as Robert Talbott. They discussed the advantages of machine made (Lorenzini) vs. mostly handmade (Kiton)- there are advantages to both IMO. Lorenzini doesn't use handwork in their shirts, but they do use amazing fabric and materials- and they have the ability to make terrific shirts very quickly (up to 300 in a 1 minute run thru the machine. [​IMG] ) so that brings down the cost. Kiton on the other hand DOES use machine work for the basics of their shirts but does quite a bit of handwork on every single shirt, consequently they can't produce as many.

7. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Perhaps the seller is exaggerating a wee bit on the retail for the Corneliani. Most I've ever seen them for is $155. Nordstroms out here used to carry them a couple of years back, and there are a few specialty stores that do as well. Haven't seen any recently, but am in midst of fact check with a couple of stores I know that carry them. If anyone's interested, I shall report back.

BTW is that RR still on the stands? I need to get a subscription....

8. bigbadbuff

it is, I just got mine off the stand yesterday. Cover is luxury watches and jewelry IIRC.

9. davei

davei Senior Member

Does the article mention which Talbott shirts compare to Lorenzini/Borrelli/Kiton? IIRC they have several lines, some of which are in the $150-200 range (half of the aforementioned three.)

10. bigbadbuff