Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corneliani mtm

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by houston, Oct 11, 2004.

1. houston

houston Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered Corneliani MTM? I know Neiman Marcus offers this, but I was thinking I might get better service and more expertise at the Corneliani shop in NY. I'll probably be up there in the next few weeks. I'm having a hard time finding the exact fabrcx I want (basic charcoal chalkstripe) and figured MTM might have a better fit. Does anyone know the cost difference?

2. kidkim2

kidkim2 Senior member

A couple of years ago, I ordered a Corneliani three-piece MTM from a store here in Burlingame.  (The suit cost a bit more than 2K.)  I found it a well-made garment.

I would remind you that made to measure can be no better than the tailor who wields the tape.  And make sure, too, that the cut choices--e.g. arm hole placement--are apprpriate to your body type.  Wouldn't want to end up with bat wings.

3. Phil

Phil Senior member

just a thought, you might want to try the Polo store on Madison in NYC. Their MTM department is top notch and the suits are actually made by Corneliani in Italy. They have a sale every spring and fall, I am not sure if its still on. In fact, I ordered a nice gray chalkstripe 3 piece a few weeks ago from said store. Over the years I have ordered probably 7 suits from Polo MTM (corneliani) and have always been totally satisfied. Suits take about 8 weeks, and they have held up remarkably well.