• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corneliani jacket (need comments)

JohnMS

Reaction score
Could I get your input on the following jacket? Â I've been searching for something different than the typical navy or black blazer, but need to stay somewhat conservative for my job. Can you comment on this sportcoat by Corneliani in terms of pant color(s) to wear with it? Â Do you view this jacket as potentially being very versatile? Â Thanks for the input.
corneliani1.jpg

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what color is the windowpane pattern? I would match that up with some wool trousers of that color.

I personally wouldn't consider that a very versatile jacket... nice though.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could I get your input on the following jacket? Â I've been searching for something different than the typical navy or black blazer, but need to stay somewhat conservative for my job. Can you comment on this sportcoat by Corneliani in terms of pant color(s) to wear with it? Â Do you view this jacket as potentially being very versatile? Â Thanks for the input.
corneliani1.jpg
I think Medium Grey Color Pant. Nice Jacket but I echo the BBB that its not all that versatile. JJF

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love it. Depending on the color of the windowpane, I think it could be very versatile. Grey flannel or worsted slacks, cavalry twill slacks in tan or olive, jeans, etc.

shoefan

Reaction score
Seems reasonably versatile to me.  I'd wear just about any trousers, other than something very light in color or similar to the main color in the jacket.  I'd pick up the color(s) of the windowpane in the shirt or tie.

I think it's a very nice looking jacket.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purty - I love windowpanes.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two medium-weight cashmere windowpane jackets I wear to the office all year round and on week-ends (with a cotton or cashmere polo shirt). The Corneliani you're considering is quite good-looking.

I'd also think about texture in either or both the trousers and in the shirt (e.g. royal oxford or small herringbone shirt and flannel or twill trouser). IMO, also , trousers also should bear some resemblance in weight to the jacket. Avoid any trouser that is even close in color to the background (nothing too charcoal). I personally don't like the dark background striped tie with it- no contrast. You might think about a silk knit. Enjoy it.

JohnMS

Reaction score
I appreciate all the comments made thus far. Here is a close-up of the fabric if that helps. Keep those comments coming.
corneliani.jpg
How do the Corneliani jackets typically fit in the shoulders? Narrow, regular, wide? Thank you.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks very versatile to me. Classic style and color. I have a Brioni DB blazer in a similar fabric. Will go well with anything that goes well with a blue blazer, except perhaps for loudly patterned slacks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads