• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corneliani "Gruppo Studio" - Barneys NY

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm looking to purchase a decent suit online and ran across what seems to be a pretty good find on ebay. I've searched in this forum and at AAAC and the only reference I could find is the exact same question that I have (that went unreplied at AAAC). I hope you can help.

What is up with the Corneliani "Gruppo Studio" line sold at Barneys NY? A picture of the label is found below. Is this a lower line, higher line or just another name for the same suit?

Also, it seems that the Corneliani jackets have "smaller shoulders" compared to other brands. My current jackets have a 21" shoulder seam and the measurements I'm seeing for the same size Corneliani jackets are 19"-20 1/2". Would this be due to different cut, construction or possibly measuring techniques? Should I maybe jump up a size?

Also, my impression of Barneys, from what I've read, (I've never been to their store) is that most of their stuff is of higher quality. True?

Thanks again for all of your help.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have not heard of Gruppo Studio before...hmm...

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to assume that since it's a Corneliani coming from Barneys that it is probably decent quality. The stated shoulder measurement is 1 1/2" less than what I normally wear so obviously I'm concerned about this. I think I'll give it a try though.

noVA99

Reaction score
I have seen a used Corneliani Gruppo Studio for sale and wondering what this model is?? some bullshit low level line trying to be passed off as a higher end line?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe the Gruppo Studio line is the more fashion forward line.

billiebob

Reaction score
The Corneliani I got from sierra trading post was not undersized in the shoulders compared to most makes. A 42R was a 42R. It was the standard boxy cut though. I thought it would be a little more fitted like a Polo suit, but I was mistaken.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads