Corneliani: are they fused?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Apr 29, 2004.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Hello all.

Are Corneliani suits fused? Are the Polo RL versions fused? There are conflicting posts on the forum regarding the subject, and I am trying to get a definite answer, as I see that a few posts on the forum have brought this issue up as of late.

According to their website:

Quality born of a production process which intertwines state of the art technology and fine craftsmanship. Corneliani creates the finest apparel through traditional tailoring modernized to suit the most exacting needs: exclusive fabrics, sewn-in interlinings, impeccable cut, finely crafted construction, attention to detail. The outcome? Perfect tailoring and an extraordinary fit.

Thanks,

Jon.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Polo RL suits and jackets made by Corneliani are fused.

All Corneliani-labeled clothing that I've seen has been non-fused. It's possible that Corneliani has a fused diffusion line, though.

3. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Senior member

CC "Corneliani Collection" and Trend are fused. But I must admit, I am surprised that Blue Label Polo is fused. Surprising that only Purple Label is Canvas. Sad really, especially since Blue Label is priced higher than the main Corneliani line.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Ok, but what about MTM Polo RL suits?

Jon.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

the last time i was at saks full retail on the polo blue label suits was $950. the corneliani suits start at around $1100.

i've never seen a fused corneliani including a 'trend' model.

6. Phil

Phil Senior member

I order 1 MTM blue label Polo suit, in the spring, then again in the fall. The reason I started doing this is because the MTM are not fused, as opposed to their regular line.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I thought so...it was going to be horrible if MTM was fused, given the price.

Also, I have a RTW Polo RL sports coat, which is made out of very beautiful, ultra light cashmere (it retailed for almost $2000, bought on sale @ the Worth Ave RL store for something like $600), and it is definitely not fused.

Jon.