• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corneliani 2 Button Solid Grey Suit

SuitMan650

Reaction score
I bought a suit from Bluefly that was a Corneliani, but it has a slight shade of brown depending on the lighting of the room, so I decided to return it. The suit was the Corneliani leader model. I'm still trying to find a light grey suit and I really liked the leader model, so I ended up stumbling on this website:

http://simonoliverclothing.com/store...leader-suit-7/

Is $1625 paying too much for a Corneliani? I like this shade of grey and I like the leader fit, but what are some other options out there for 40R from a reputable Italian suit maker? I'm hoping to spend $800 at most. Please let me know if you guys find anything. It's either buy from this website or wait until Saks 5th Ave has its sale in May/June. I just want to find a solid grey suit I can wear more often. I don't want to over wear my Zegna and Isaia suits and I already bought 2 Canalis and want to mix my wardrobe up a bit. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

saiyar1

Reaction score
That's way too much. Just keep an eye open on eBay for new ones and the Buy/Sell section. $1600 off the bat I can tell you no one will endorse here. If you need it urgently, maybe there's another brand that you can find in gray at a good price?

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
$1625 is retail price -- nothing more, nothing less. I assume some people, and perhaps a lot of people, buy Corneliani suits for something close to retail. It seems to me that at a $1625 price point, you can get more suit for the money.

SuitMan650

Reaction score
@saiyar1

Can you recommend another brand of suit maker I can look into besides Canali/ Hugo Boss for about the same quality?

To anyone else on Style Forum:

Does anyone know how much suits are marked down during Saks 5th Ave's big sales during May/June or December? The one in San Francisco has nice stuff and it'd be great if they marked sale items at 50% off.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
Where I'm at, the markdowns were between 50% and 70% for several weeks. I'm not sure I saw anything too great in a plain gray color, though.

The Corneliani is a lot better quality than Hugo Boss, by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 63 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 121 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 64 17.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 26 7.1%