• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Corduroy [Uniqlo Jean Cut], Will They Shrink or Stretch?

Lovegasoline

Reaction score
This regards a pair of Uniqlo Corduroy pants. They are fitted and cut very similar to their straight leg jeans. I haven't worn cords since I was a kid so I could use some sizing insight.

I'm uncertain about cord sizing: will these remain generally stable in waist size or will they shrink and/or stretch?

These cords are straight 100% cotton (no stretchy fabric) with care instructions stating cold water/line dry.

I generally wear a 29 waist in Uniqlo straight leg jeans, but the 29 cords seemed just a tad tight. The 30" waist felt more comfortable but is a touch big, but I bought them anyway (I never owned a 30" waist pant in my life, but I realize this is just a number). If these cords stretch out even a little in the waist they will be too big, if they shrink a touch they will be perfect, and if they stay the same they will be fine.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Cords IME should not stretch much, and should return to tagged size when washed.

robbie

Lovegasoline

Reaction score
Thanks robbie. I'll stick with the 30" and hope they do not stretch.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 74 16.9%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 144 32.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 130 29.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 50 11.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 8 1.8%