1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Corduroy Suit? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amerikajinda, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Cord wears out more quickly. Colour may fade, too.

Around here Cord is a very seasonal item. Maybe at most Mid/late Oct to Feb or so. Rotated with everything else any cord jacket isn't going to be worn very often.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I'm also looking to scoop up a suit in the next week or so.....

3. CordSuitFan

CordSuitFan Active Member

I'm also looking to scoop up a suit in the next week or so.....
    Any luck?

4. CordSuitFan

Now the cooler weather is here I can wear my jumbo cord suit almost every day! :)

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

i do not personally like such garments but if it floats your boat then...

6. CordSuitFan

Time to get another jumbo corduroy suit made and I was thinking canary yellow or tan... Any thoughts?

7. GBR

GBR Senior member

Canary yellow would be challenging to wear in polite company and I am not entirely sure anout jumbo corduroy either!

8. ClotheshorseHB

ClotheshorseHB New Member

I know that I am opionated and conceited... but I do think a corduroy suit makes a hell of a statement. I also don't think brown/brown is a no-no. But, vary the shades of brown. If the suit is dark brown London Tan shoes and belt would do nicely. Also, as someone else said here, keep the shirt/tie/accessories plain with a cord suit. flaunt your style, after all, no one else will!

1 person likes this.
  9. CordSuitFan

LOL Not sure why canary yellow would be considered impolite, GBR, but can appreciate that jumbo corduroy is not for everyone :)

10. CordSuitFan

Well said, ClotheshorseHB! I agree that wearing a corduroy suit makes a statement, one of individuality, in my opinion, and I'm happy about that. I stand by my comments about tie, shirt, accessories needing to be plain, so as not to make the suit look crazy or detract from the suit itself. I'm now thinking brown for my next jumbo corduroy suit :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  11. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

I picked up an Isaia navy corduroy suit from STP for a decent price... I like it a lot. It does make a statement but the navy tones it down. I later picked up an identical Isaia suit but in chocolate brown... I don't get nearly as much use out of it as the navy. For me the brown makes a little TOO much of a statement. :happy:

12. CordSuitFan

:) I'm not against chocolate brown and am considering it now, thanks!

13. tattoodobem

tattoodobem Well-Known Member

I kind of like it. and i like it when it gets used. i think corduroy can gain charme with use. i remember to this day a corduroy jacket a cousin of mine was using because it was a blazer, it showed signs of use, it was formal and casual looking good without showing effort and looking comfortable. So it depends of how it will age, how it will fade. Other suits just look bad when they get abused/aged. Those i think make you look cheap. A used corduroy make you look good and ready for anything at the same time.

1 person likes this.
  14. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

James is usually dressed well, but his poses and stuff are so over the top. That said, I think this suit looks fantastic.

1 person likes this.