Corduroy Sevens

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by handler4me, Nov 24, 2004.

1. handler4me

handler4me Well-Known Member

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store....&cmCat= Hey everyone, I was wondering what everyone thinks of Seven's Corduroys? How is the quality/durability/worth the money? I have a pair of cords from the Gap that I bought for about half the price of the Sevens, and I love them. I also see a ton of worn in corduroys always on sale at J Crew, for like 30 dollars. Would 132 bucks be worth it for the sevens? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Mike C.

Mike C. Senior member

I tried them on a while ago at Bloomingdales, they're too baggy for me. I don't think cords look good when baggy.

3. handler4me

They don't look baggy at all on the model.

4. ken

ken Banned by Request

I've got a pair. They're alright; pretty basic cords. Don't pay 132 bucks for them. They're at outlets all the time.

5. itzamazing

itzamazing Senior member

These always go on sale. They can be found at Loehmanns for $60, Century 21 as well.

6. handler4me

60 bucks.? Wow, my Loehmann's stinks. They never have any good stuff. And even at the Off Saks store...I'd see Regular sevens but not for bargain prices.. Like 100 bucks.

7. Sevcom

Sevcom Senior member

That's a fair bit of stretch, which makes little sense for a relaxed-fit pair of jeans. If I were you, I'd pass.

In any case, don't buy them at retail. I have a pair of 100 percent cotton bootcut Sevens cords, and they're not bad. They are kinda flimsy for corduroy, which I'm not a big fan of, but they were only $60 at Filene's.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I see the cords for sale at very steep discounts very often. In fact they seem rather obiquitous when jean shopping. I would recommend having at least a pair or two of cords, but paying retail for these is a overpaying.

9. truthhurts

truthhurts Senior member

I don't really like fine wale cords. When you wear them you're giving up the relaxed and cool image of jeans and not gaining the dork factor of wide wale that allows a lot of experimentation. They look kind of 'meh' to me and there's no way I'd pay $100+ for them.