• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corduroy Blazers

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you guys wear these with? Jeans/sneakers? boots? what else?

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans and boots. Corduroy tends to go better with weathered/worn stuff. Chinos can work, but most would just end up looking far too clean.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my apc cord is ridiculous with jeans

2000dB

Reaction score
Rick Owens has a nice one out this season (more of a jacket than a blazer though).

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
my apc cord is ridiculous with jeans
Is it the APC "Too-Tight Jacket" that you have? I have been eyeing this jacket for a while, but the prize is a little steep. If that is the one you have, did you get it at the APC store?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like wearing my cord jackets with clean one wash straight leg jeans, shoes can be anything from a chuck to a cognac colored split toe ankle boot.

I wear mine very fitted, and with quite a bit of waist suppression

K

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahk1979
Is it the APC "Too-Tight Jacket" that you have? I have been eyeing this jacket for a while, but the prize is a little steep. If that is the one you have, did you get it at the APC store?

They have two variants this season, the slim one is the garcons version and the other which I forget the name. I doubt mine is the garcons because I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs but the L fits me like it was tailored for my body. There is no way to identify or distinguish the two as there is no labelling on the actual jacket itself. With APC, I don't really have a choice with the price because I'd rather pay full pop and have it than miss out on it since the supply is always low. I got mine from Barney's in orange county.

mogwai

Reaction score
Speaking of the APC Too-Tight jacket. Does anyone know of a store that might have a large and will take a phone order? The APC site is sold out of larges. Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
They have two variants this season, the slim one is the garcons version and the other which I forget the name. I doubt mine is the garcons because I'm 5'11 and 180 lbs but the L fits me like it was tailored for my body. There is no way to identify or distinguish the two as there is no labelling on the actual jacket itself. With APC, I don't really have a choice with the price because I'd rather pay full pop and have it than miss out on it since the supply is always low. I got mine from Barney's in orange county.

Actually, Azaleasf.com , one of our affiliates, sells APC jackets, and we have a 15% off coupon.

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET

is your's blue?
so how do you know which one to order if there is know way to distinguish the two? it seems like they only have on listed on the site.
thanks!

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I found acouple nice corduroy blazers last year but they didn't fit me well at all.

I was thinking sometime I might just have one custom made. I can't imagine that getting a tailor to put one together would be that expensive, compared to putting a suit together. Maybe even the whole suit in corduroy? Imagine you'd have to mention that you are looking for a more casual look on it, so it doesn't look goofy.

Anyone ever had one made for them?

m

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
Best asked in Men's Clothing, methinks.
smile.gif

ineffable

Reaction score
Corduroy blazers can be worn casually - and 'casual' on the men's forum means something totally different than what it means here. I think it's pretty obvious, and people don't really need you to point them in the "right" direction. Thanks, though.

I have had a corduroy jacket made for me. And, as long as you have a tailor who understands what you're going for or is willing to make concessions, you should be fine. I find its best to a) bring something you own that fits well that you would like your jacket to be similar to and b) find pictures of jackets you like. Mine is a deep olive green, 2 button, thin lapels, with functioning buttonholes (i really like this detail), double-vented, some waist suppression ( but not a whole lot), ticket pocket. Yeah, it's got a little bit much going on, but if you're getting one custom made why not make it interesting, right?

kwoyeu

Reaction score
just out of curiosity does anyone have a pic of this apc 'too tight' jacket being talked about here from 5 years ago (or remember what it looks like)? only other place it gets mentioned (without pic) is this sufu thread and waybackmachine isn't taking me to the apc page linked to.

in case i wasted your time here's a piece of fun fact from this thread you didn't know before: jet was named 'JET' at one point!
butbut.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads