• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordovan Lattanzi Question

tps16

Reaction score
I was in the Beijing Lattanzi store last night looking at some beautiful brown cordovan norwegian split toes, from their fatte a mano line. They wanted $8000 for them though, which seemed outrageous to me. How much do these run in the US? $3000?
Also, they had a nice selection of rarely seen Horween colors, including olive and strawberry. Does Alden do special orders in these colors?
Thanks!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't know what current RTW prices are in NY, but Cordovan commands a huge markup vs. calf in the Lattanzi pantheon. It's not just the materials-- they also reserve the Cordovan for designs with the fancy welting, which is expensive to do.

tps16

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Don't know what current RTW prices are in NY, but Cordovan commands a huge markup vs. calf in the Lattanzi pantheon. It's not just the materials-- they also reserve the Cordovan for designs with the fancy welting, which is expensive to do.

The stitching actually kind of turned me off of the shoes. Too much of it and too obvious. My guess was that they would be at least 2x what they would cost in the states.

izach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tps16
I was in the Beijing Lattanzi store last night looking at some beautiful brown cordovan norwegian split toes, from their fatte a mano line. They wanted $8000 for them though, which seemed outrageous to me. How much do these run in the US? $3000?
Also, they had a nice selection of rarely seen Horween colors, including olive and strawberry. Does Alden do special orders in these colors?
Thanks!

Alden is known for the color #8. With a minimum of 1 Dz order by distributor, they'll make a special order. the colors mentioned, I don't think so.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by izach
Alden is known for the color #8. With a minimum of 1 Dz order by distributor, they'll make a special order. the colors mentioned, I don't think so.

From what i understand they have a one shoe program now.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should go for Vass through forum member tiger02, great shoes (MTO) at a fraction of Lattanzi's $$ or, if you happen to visit Hungary or Italy, go bespoke, again at a fraction of what Lattanzi charges.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tps16
Thanks!

Get it, get it. Imagine all the chicks you'll attract with those magically expensive shoes. SWEET!

tps16

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Do not buy luxury goods in China unless you like contributing towards your favourite official's Moutai. The duty on luxury goods here is absurd. Kills any deal dead.

Yes, I know this. However, those I have dinner a lot with officials, so maybe I am just paying my fair share
devil.gif

In all seriousness, with the exception of getting clothes made, I do no shopping here. The prices are laughable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads