Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cordovan belt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by globetrotter, Sep 8, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I am ready to pull the trigger on a new belt. I need to get a belt that will be made to my specs, as it needs to fit me and it needs to fit a belt buckle of mine.

any recommendations?

2. caelte

caelte Senior member Dubiously Honored

out on the docks behind the Blue Parrot Cafe
    I am ready to pull the trigger on a new belt. I need to get a belt that will be made to my specs, as it needs to fit me and it needs to fit a belt buckle of mine.

any recommendations?

Do you mean a good belt or just an unlined leather strap for a base metal buckle?
    A good belt will start at around $300.
    A leather strap should be under $100.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I suggest you get in touch with Kramer Leather (www.kramerleather.com). Greg Kramer made a very nice #8 shell cordovan belt for me, and I am sure that he and his people can make the same for you to meet your specs. His website shows a price of $250, but double-check on this. As we have sometimes discussed on these fora, it will be a three-piece.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I suggest you get in touch with Kramer Leather (www.kramerleather.com). Greg Kramer made a very nice #8 shell cordovan belt for me, and I am sure that he and his people can make the same for you to meet your specs. His website shows a price of $250, but double-check on this. As we have sometimes discussed on these fora, it will be a three-piece.

thanks