1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cordings of piccadilly

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by andreyb, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I'd say veering on TTS for wordings to be honest. Although their knitwear and shirtings etc. are very very generous their tailoring is usually pretty close to the mark.

2. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Perthboy, sorry about that, I was talking about trous tagged size 34''.

3. Isbister

Isbister Senior member

I've bought a good few pairs of trousers from them, over the years, as well as suits. The trousers have all been well cut, but slim rather than baggy. The suit trousers have been slightly fuller but still not baggy. The waist sizing was as I would have expected.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jimmy Balantyne

Jimmy Balantyne Senior member

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest 'baggy'. My 'not skimpy' comment was in relation to sizing rather than cut. Further, as stated, it was only a guess.

5. Isbister

Isbister Senior member

^ But "generous" might be interpreted that way. I like the way Cordings trousers are cut - certainly not over-large, but not tight either. With trousers, an inch this way or that can make a world of difference. Button flies are not to everyone's liking, however.

6. Jimmy Balantyne

Generous might well be interpreted that way but equally 'their jacket sizing's spot on' might cause one to suspect otherwise?

7. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

I tried on one of Cordings's tweed hunting jackets with an action-back a few months ago, and was surprised how form-fitting it was. Most RTW jackets in my size, 38, are too wide at the shoulders, but not this one. Even the sleeves looked nice. If I'd have any belly or larger muscles, it would have been too small.

8. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Their jackets are superb. I have the Firley tweed and the Keeper's tweed and they fit amazingly-- and the three button front, hacking and ticket pockets, and center vent are what I look for in a good tweed jacket. Robust, they wear like iron(in a good way[​IMG]).

9. perthboy

perthboy Member

I found my ultimate khakis!

I've been wearing Bills Selvedge Cramerton M2s and Orvis Ultimate khakis. Today I received my Cordings cotton drill chinos (made in UK, product code: TR005) and nothing compares :satisfied:

The Cordings chinos is substantial and quite resistant to wrinkles, similar to Bills Cramerton, although softer. It has a zip fly and amazingly the waistband & inner pockets are made from the same material as the legs. Importantly, the fit is much better than the rest because it has a medium-high seat and slightly tapered legs. I bought a size 34, actual waist measurement is 35" and 16" hem. For unknown reason the Cordings khaki cotton drill chinos is an 'off catalogue' item, you can only find them on their website if you use the search term 'drill'. I''ll be buying more.

https://www.cordings.co.uk/khaki-cotton-drill-trousers.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Just completed a post about the anatomy of a Cordings jacket. Might as well share the photos here as this 21 oz., or 600-gram, cloth is a burly as modern tweeds come. Such a lovely mottled piece of wool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Isbister

Isbister Senior member

@VRaivio, that's a very nice tweed jacket. To be candid I don't care for Cordings' huntin', shootin' and fishin' lining, it verges on cheap and tacky, and I don't know why they use it, but otherwise I would say it's as good a tweed jacket as you will find anywhere, OTR.

12. Botolph

Botolph Senior member

Beautiful. I have the Keeper's Tweed jacket, which is also 21 oz... It feels effortless when on but it's a beastial, substantial tweed... almost of outerwear capacity.

13. Jimmy Balantyne

I've got the Ripley Cord, wore it today as it goes. Great jacket.

1 person likes this.