• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordings of piccadilly

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman
I love N Peal.
I have bought from them ... but I'd prefer to have Lord's back ... and have had N. Peal elsewhere.

Rgarding your quote ... I'd say to Mr. Fletcher ... a tea bag without hot water sill holds potential. A person without imigination does not.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hear hear.

Leather man

Reaction score
I love Cordings clothing. I've never been to the shop but bought on line and over the phone. They're always very helpful and as others have said most of their stuff is made in England or Ireland. I just wish they didn't offer their casual trousers ( ie cords and moleskins) with brace buttons and side adjusters. I refuse to wear braces with any trousers except suit trousers. For this reason I have been back to Pakeman Catto and Carter for my cords which are made in the same place as Cordings cords, I believe.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leather man
I love Cordings clothing. I've never been to the shop but bought on line and over the phone. They're always very helpful and as others have said most of their stuff is made in England or Ireland. I just wish they didn't offer their casual trousers ( ie cords and moleskins) with brace buttons and side adjusters. I refuse to wear braces with any trousers except suit trousers. For this reason I have been back to Pakeman Catto and Carter for my cords which are made in the same place as Cordings cords, I believe.

Visited Cordings yesterday and bought a pair of Moleskins in Olive. Lovely fit and construction.

Was looking for a pair of cords, however was dissapointed in the colour selection. A bit muted for my taste (at least as far as cords go)

Can anyone comment on the fit of Cordings vs Pakeman in corduroy? I noted the above post which says they are made in the same factory.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was there three weeks ago they had several very bright pairs.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Not really into cinnamon/brown/tan coloured trousers. Bright blue or pink would be better

Are you from Brighton?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Not really into cinnamon/brown/tan coloured trousers. Bright blue or pink would be better
I've seen all sorts of "bright" color cords at Cordings.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Are you blind?

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
When I was there three weeks ago they had several very bright pairs.

Originally Posted by lasbar
Are you from Brighton?

Originally Posted by RSS
I've seen all sorts of "bright" color cords at Cordings.

No I'm not from Brighton
laugh.gif

Yes I've no doubt they do sell them. However on Sunday it seemed mostly muted/darker shades of red, tan, green, gold.

The particular pair I'm after can be seen in the banner here http://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/a...trouser-braces

I'll have another look when i go back on Wednesday to pick up my trousers.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inimitable, I believe those are from last season.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
I don't think their trousers are fully lined.

I didn't know they did shoes - I'll have to take a look. It always seemed odd that a traditional men's country outfitter didn't do at least one boot or brogue.

Excellent quality, Cordings.

That's right - Cordings' corduroy trousers are not lined. I would like to know if those trousers offered by New & Lingwood or by Oliver brown are better.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
I was once stopped on the street by an American tourist who had turned around and run after me wanting to know where I'd bought my red Cordings cords...

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Does anyone have experience with their chinos or linen trousers? I was thinking about purchasing these for the summer:

http://www.cordings.co.uk/menswear/t...-trousers.html

I love their moleskins and cords but I could see them making a better fall/winter product than spring/summer offering.

I don't understand why Cordings chinos are twenty pounds more expensive than Cordings cotton drill trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads