• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cordings of piccadilly

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could anyone kindly provide insight on the hip and thigh room on Cordings Moleskins or Corduroy trousers? Measurements would be great but I know that's a tall order.

I can probably do that, but it would be after Christmas.

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, no, please don't put yourself through the hassle! Could you comment on how slim or loose fitting the top block is relative to other makers you've tried or own? I'm just trying to gain a ballpark understanding.

I’d say they’re trim-fitting, not slim-fitting, you know? Medium to high rise, maybe an 8-9” hem?

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here know if Cording’s trousers are still made in the British Isles? I don’t see them boasting about it when viewing their products.

konoyaro

Reaction score
Their sport coats or at least some of them are made in Morocco. These days unless it explicitly states otherwise, I assume the item is made in Asia or elsewhere.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Their sport coats or at least some of them are made in Morocco. These days unless it explicitly states otherwise, I assume the item is made in Asia or elsewhere.
Interesting reflection - if C manufactured in Italy like N&L and G&H, C might publicize that origin. Since I just ruined the lining of my new G&H silk mix in disco wear and tear, I checked C's cotton twill jacket online. Linen may be tougher than cotton, but I believe cotton creases less. Better for disco. But maybe unlined better, so Oliver Brown travel jacket? Hacking offers STRETCH cotton jackets?

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s unfortunate about Cordings but not surprising considering the price. I expect what I am looking for to be in the £200+ range. If you fine gentleman could suggest a brand that makes quality trousers in the UK, that would be appreciated. I will be visiting London this weekend so would like to check them out. Thank you.

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Simon Crompton is the London local who can answer your question best on his blog Permanent Style.
I always buy my clothes on sale, and you know the summer sale is near. For £200 if you wait for sale you might get trousers which normally are priced much higher. But Simon has written a lot on trousers.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The brushed cotton trousers I bought 3 summers ago were MiI not UK.

Edit: Italy, sorry for the typo

Last edited:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Made in UK ask Benson & Clegg, Drakes, Merchant Fox, Anderson & Sheppard boutique for reduced price during summer sale. Simon Crompton knows everybody, but he prefers Italian trousers like Incotex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads