Cord blazer needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by strizzzo, Sep 30, 2004.

1. strizzzo

strizzzo New Member

I am in serious need of a classic styled corduroy blazer for the fall....something kind of Redofrd-ish, think 70's professor/libertine style [only better fitting], elbow patches, the works. Obviously I would prefer not to spend a mint....anyone know a good place to look?

I don't know what's come over me but I'm really feeling the sweet 70's this fall....rocking the blazers, fine cashmere turtlenecks and jeans.

2. Phil

Phil Senior member

Polo has a bunch of corduroy blazers this fall, in a number of colors. Elbow patches, leather buttons too. I vaguely recall the price being $795.00 each, but cant swear on that.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

On the other end of things, I picked up a new Land's End corduroy jacket on ebay last year for dirt cheap--leather buttons and elbow patches. It depends on budget and what you're after with it.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Bernard Zins - French designer, not so expensive. I bought a cordouroy suit two seasons ago for under $600.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

If you want the true 70's, broken-in cord blazer with leather elbow patch look, why not pick up the authentic thing at a thrift store?

Spend an afternoon browsing a few different stores, and you'll be sure to find a perfect one. Most likely for around $6 too.

6. dorian

dorian Senior member

As Phil mentioned, Ralph Lauren Polo has several variations of what you are looking for waiting at your local RL for you. [​IMG] Green, Tan, Dark Brown .... and more... and don't forget to seriously consider the purple and pink RLPL versions. [​IMG]