• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

corbin pants fit/quality

bizzblar

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea as to the fit and quality of corbin pants? I've seen a few on STP that are around $50 that seem pretty decent. Fabric from Mexico but made in the US for the most part. Good deal?

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a the flat front, short rise versions and they were awful. They were cut quite slim in the thighs -- which just doesn't work for me -- and even after sizing up two sizes just wasn't right. The material wasn't so hot and they were not lined to the knee.

That said, I think a lot of them are different and people may have different experiences with pleated versions.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a bunch of Corbin trousers from STP. I got extra lucky with a 20% off coupon at the time, with a final price of ~40/pair. All total, I kept 6 pair and returned 2. I bought the pleated model as I had a pair of corbin pleated pants purchased elsewhere which I really liked. Also, I like the look of pleated trousers.

A word of warning, of all the trousers shown under a single STP page, they may be branded somewhat differently: "Corbin" (regular, I'm assuming), "Corbin Platinum", and "Biella Italia" of the ones I have. Honestly, I can't say there is a huge difference. There are some differences in cut/styling but they are not such that I really notice.

Of course, the fit and styling will be to each his own, but for me, I'm rather pleased, and a good bang for the buck.

To help visualize:
20080629-1.jpg
20080630-1.jpg
20080701-1.jpg
20080709-1.jpg
20080721-1.jpg
20080723-1.jpg
20080725-1.jpg
20080806-1.jpg

And with STP's return policy, it's hard not to put in an order just to try out and see...

bizzblar

Reaction score
Great pics, binge. I am also interested in the flat fronts. The reviews say the same about the thigh width. Needshoehelp, and idea on the width at the hem?

cs1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
I tried a the flat front, short rise versions and they were awful. They were cut quite slim in the thighs -- which just doesn't work for me -- and even after sizing up two sizes just wasn't right. The material wasn't so hot and they were not lined to the knee.

That said, I think a lot of them are different and people may have different experiences with pleated versions.

So, a really slim guy with no but could wear them. Say yes. I'm having a heck of a time finding pants that fit without a lot of expensive alterations.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cs1
So, a really slim guy with no but could wear them. Say yes. I'm having a heck of a time finding pants that fit without a lot of expensive alterations.
These are the flat fronts to which I was referring: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...-For-Men-.html. If you are slim then they may be good for you. However, the quality leaves a little to be desired. I think the pleated pants shown a few posts above (which look good by the way) are higher quality.

bizzblar

Reaction score
Are they more of a straight leg or do they taper at the hem? Im looking for an 8" or smaller.

pkincy

Reaction score
Some of the older members here can help, but I remember Corbin as an absolutely top drawer brand of some 40-45 years ago. They were the quintessential must have for a trad dresser.

My impression is that like Gant and Bass Weejuns from the same era, someone has bought the name and is trading on it with goods of much less quality. I think they probably are at a proper price point at $100 or so.

The Corbin's of the 60's would be priced with Oxxford or Zegna Platinum today.

Perry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads