• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Coop letter of reference help

saiyar1

Reaction score
I'm writing a letter of reference and I have a rough draft. Never done this so I'm not sure if it's too long/too short/the right tone/etc? Here it is...

Thoughts?

February 27, 2011

Dear Board of Directors:

I am writing in support of XXXX's application for residency at YYYYY. As I'm sure many others would attest to, XXXX is reliable and respectable.

Throughout his life, he has succeeded in anything he endeavors. He is motivated unlike anyone else I've ever known, whether it involved reducing his amount of drinking once he graduated college or keeping good spirits after he was let go from JP Morgan. Additionally, when I found myself on the wrong side of the law, he was the first to come and help; he truly cares about others.

I know the value of having a truly good person as a neighbor, and I can't imagine anyone better joining your community.

Regards,

saiyar1

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calling trollolo or incompetent douche

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obvious troll.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.