• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coolest boots ever

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw these on eBay a while ago and was going to bid. I had no idea they would go for so much. I don't know why I'm posting this, but it seen streetwear appropriate. Boots

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
wow, those are awesome, they'd match my belts i like to wear. and they'd fit me, not that i have the $500+ to drop on em. but it gives me a good idea to take my engineer boots and get them studded/jeweled.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aren't those the boots the bad guy wore in Raising Arizona?
Arizona_Jr_stort.jpg

Oltmann

Reaction score
Did anyone else see Tex Cobb's son box last week?

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I can only imagine a collector paid that much for them (but I'd guess that means other collectors would have to be raising the bid price), because that kind of studding is ridiculously easy to do yourself. Just ask this sweet leather vest I did it to that would go perfect w/those boots. Well, perfectly overkilled, anyways.

And I'm not sure those are from the 50's. Maybe 60's or 70's? Weren't most bikers in the 50's just wearing army boots?

trampzilla

Reaction score
I think of Puss In The Boots when I see something like that.

Crockett

Reaction score
I think they are pretty cool, but what made them go for so much?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if some designer or someone on a design team bought these boots for their inspiration board and that you will be seeing these at a catwalk show near you soon.
It's already been done. RLPL came out with studded boots like this a year or so ago.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I saw some DSquared boots that were similar, but RLPL, really? Seems a little incongruous with their marketing. But you are the expert.
Yea, Fall '04; just checked in an old GQ. The boots are paired with a pair of plaid flannel pants.

Keyboard Warrior

Reaction score
Due recent hype on army belt in Sales alert thread, found out more interesting stuff SF worthy French Foreign Legion
1zbt16r.jpg
German Army riding boots
2ry347k.jpg

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
holy ****, was this the very first thread on styleforum ever or something?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why did you bump this? 2005? seriously?

whats worse ... bumping 6 year old thread or starting new useless one?
facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads