1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Also, I'm suspicious of a few of those, but not all. Does Drakes really make squares that don't have hand rolled edges? Some of the tagging on a few of the ties looks a bit off too.

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Senior member

AFAIK all Italian-made Drake's squares are machine-rolled. This recently came up in the Rubi threak.

Actually the squares are the most wearable items on offer. 95% of the ties are unwearable and the remaining 5% are too niche to be worth owning. I realize even the most honored brands have more than their fair share of misses, but that seller did an incredible job of amassing the most comprehensive collection of Drake's abortions.

2 people like this.
  3. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

98.5% sure this stock is from the last Drake's/Armoury NYC sample sale. Looks like all the unsold stock was bought by this jobber. I recognize a lot of this dreck. These ties have been up for months. Anything decent that wasn't bought at the sale sold over eBay long ago.

It is all authentic Drake's, but some is old stock with older labels.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

+1, I remember seeing some of them in the sample sale. I thought Bloomingdales is awesome at selecting bad Drakes, this is some next level stuff though

5. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I got a scarf for $19.99 and one of the red and black wool paisley ties for a cheap price.

The nicer ties in his listing have a higher BIN. I'll wait till they drop in price.

6. saint

saint Senior member

I picked up a couple of very nice Drake cashmere turtlenecks from this seller, for a great price, this past summer.

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

It's also important to consider the larger issue, which is that this seller will likely drive down the price of Drake's ties across ebay. This will benefit igents.

8. 330CK

330CK Senior member

9. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

10. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

11. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

Not a polo coat, but a DB cashmere camel-colored Oxxford Imperial Cashmere overcoat in 42T. I feel like this listing has been up for a while and the seller keeps dropping the price, so who knows what you could get it for on best offer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oxxford-Bes...-coat-brown-tuape-42-T-L-vicuna-/111864107221

Note that although the listing title says vicuna but it's actually cashmere. I messaged the seller and he said it was "vicuna colored" which is misleading and annoying.

12. sftiger

sftiger Senior member

1 person likes this.
  13. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  14. coloRLOw

coloRLOw Senior member

pre-owned LP croc belt in 34
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-L...157788?hash=item25b584a01c:g:h24AAOSwCQNWfGc5

the seller has some pre-owned Lattanzi,Materna, Balint,Mafter in 44 for auction
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/nichtmehrme...3o4AAOSwJb9Wrinf&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

new JL for Smith loafer in 10.5
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Lobb-P...514589?hash=item1a0d03fbdd:g:JRYAAOSwoydWqMvG

new Malo wallet
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MALO-foling...614989?hash=item3f5b888bcd:g:6zQAAOSwKtlWpNRu
    anyone know which online store i can check MSRP of Malo leather garments? only have experience with their sweaters.

15. Tradvocate

Tradvocate Senior member