Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

You should add him to that ebay black list, note that it wasn't as bad as other sellers, but that he reneged on a deal none the less.

2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

3. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

7. onix

onix Senior member

^ Yep, Grenson.

8. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

I remember buying two of four pair of Lobbs on here, Styleforum, paid the guy immediately with my dad's Paypal account, using his Paypal balance, since I do not have my own, and the guy reneged after getting my money. What really pissed me off is that he refunded the money in such a way that it took 5 days for me to get my money back after I had paid immediately!

This kind of stuff really pisses me off. A person's word seems to mean little these days. I was raised that you make a deal you stand by that deal. If the guy you sell to meets your price then that is that. If he flips the item for a profit, too bad. If you got what you originally wanted then don't whine about it.

Does anybody remember Rickey Henderson of the Oakland A's? He whined, cried, complained that he should be the highest paid player in baseball. The A's obliged him and made him the highest paid player in baseball. He was interviewed in his house right after signing his contract and had this big smile on his face. He was the happiest man on the planet at that moment. A week later someone else was given a slightly bigger contract and Henderson threw a fit worthy of a 2-year-old. I was a little kid back then but I remember my dad telling me that if I ever signed a contract, in good faith, and then acted like that, he would disown me. Okay, not literally disown, but you get the picture.

Someone should message this guy, ask him what happened to the shoes and say they are prepared to pay double what ever someone else paid and watch this guy go nuts. He deserves it!

This kind of reminds me of a pink Attollini cashmere tie someone once sold? :lol:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  9. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

10. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

100% agree with you, eddivdder, and everyone else who chimed in. It's not illegal, but it's just very dishonorable. I think accepting payment should be the point of no return. How would he feel about being asked to refund eddiveder's money should he say he changed his mind? It's bullshit. If that guy sells on SF, I'd like to know who he is.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  12. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

13. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

It's not great but really what can you do about it? The members here are still just a subset of the general population and thus subject to the same foibles and temptations as everyone else, hopefully slightly better behaved but to think that we're all 'gentlemen' is borderline delusional.

14. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

There are 2 threads about this behaviour at the moment. i guess some people made some interesting new years resolutions.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor