1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. meister

meister Senior member

How unkind of you to say that about your Pops and his fellow SF tragics :lol:. Pops probably could have picked up some nice ones on eBay but London to a Brick he is not up for that. Isshi could have sold him some croc/gator with hides the like of which you will never see again.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

3. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

4. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

Well, it seems most here understand that they are a bit "different" when it comes to their clothing attire. When my dad was still working and managed an office of more than 200 people I understood his need for the many suits, dress shirts, slacks, shoes, etc. He has a small antique dresser just for his socks! He hasn't needed any of this stuff since 2000 and yet he has so much clothes that he has filled an entire walk-in closet of his own, uses half of my sisters closet, 3/4 of my brothers closet, and half of my closet and soon to be all of it when I move back to UCSB. His "office" in the house is filled with two portable type wooden closets (they have a name but it escapes me) and 4 giant shelves he bought at Costco, all filled with his shoes! That is not normal, even for most people here!

As to the Edward Green crocs, he did get those on Ebay. It was one of those horrible pictures auctions and even with that the guy showed some serious damage. As a result, he got them for quite cheap, as I recall, and has used the low buying price to justify what I believe is an outrageous cost for repairs/re-crafting at Edward Green. Maybe he will prove me wrong when he gets them back?

He recently got these unbelievable genuine turtle shoes in my size that are the most insane exotics I have ever seen. I am trying to find a way to persuade him that I could really use the shoes at school. It is going to be a hard sell since I have been, periodically, critical of his "hobby" and turned down offers of other dress shoes that I thought were better sold to someone who would appreciate them. I am more of a casual shoe guy, but I do own one suit and these shoes would look great with jeans, too. So, if anyone has any ideas on how to make this happen in spite of my past it would be appreciated.

5. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Pics!

6. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

As soon as he is done with them pics will be forthcoming.

7. hugh51271

hugh51271 Well-Known Member

I've never seen these around before, not my cup of tea though, but I don't think they look too bad.

They were Buddy Holly's shoes in the late 50s:

[​IMG]

8. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

looks like a good job done. don't like the cap toe though. breaks the lines, imo.

9. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

10. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

11. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

13. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

^sizing seems a bit odd, eur 43 should be UK 9 and US 10. I wonder what size is actually marked on the shoe.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I know - odd - the shoe is marked a 9, you can see it in the 3rd pic. Proportions look right for a 43 though.

15. 330CK

330CK Senior member

16. SpooPoker

Wow, great find - OBO no less

17. 330CK

330CK Senior member

And now it's been jacked up to $299... :facepalm: