Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Bought some Saphir from the ebay seller, no breakage but one tin of Pate de luxe Medaille d'or was missing, there was an 'extra' jar of the plain cream - which seemed a bit 'shrunken' / dried out. Seller hasn't responded to three messages over the past week; loathe to leave negative feedback but he's not leaving me any choice.

2. hst

hst Senior member

My order hasn't arrived after 1 month. I have earlier contacted seller, and he has asked that I wait another few days. Now that I had waited a few more days, I am asking him for a full refund.

3. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

My order was shipped on Nov. 3rd and arrived this past Saturday.

4. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I got my order yesterday; had placed it a while ago, I suggest you give it a few days.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think I have seen this model on Bluefly..

6. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

I remember reading something about a new base with skinnier lapels that was used for the suits in the Single Man movie.

7. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

I think all this is the "Curse of the Cool Shoes..." thread! The seller was not close to being prepared to the kind of volume his sale ended up with. He expected to sell his products slowly & over time, but SF gave him a HUGE boost. According to the posts here, it looks like he sent the first few packages in bubble wrap and packed well. Soon, I believe, he ran out of supplies & the time spent doing a quality packing job was just beyond him. No excuses, of course, but I can relate to a point.

For the last coupla years, I have casually sold vintage shoes. 4 months ago, suddenly, instead of making 1-2 sales over a weekend I made 12. It seems some of my vintage shoe clients had referred me to their friends & associates. The next week, one international gentleman bought 10 pairs himself! It was a NEAR disaster. I ran out of all my packing & mailing supplies. I had been used to spending maybe 15 minutes with labels & packing, but now I needed much more.

Long story short, I sucked it up, bought a ton of supplies, raided the Post Office, and hunkered down in my office until I was done (well after the wife & kids fell asleep- she was NOT happy!)

Since then, I've had to adjust my work schedule to allow for such "high-volume" sales weeks.

SADLY, the Saphir Seller seems to have NOT adjusted, as his shipping has not gotten worked out & his packing has remained poor. It's a shame because he had a good deal for us & a good deal for himself to make some $$$. The lessons of "Good Business" are often not learned by some... Ever.

8. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

That last would be a roomy US 10, if it was a "5" fitting.

9. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

ive seen this model in bergdorf very un tom fordy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

10. eddievddr10

:rotflmao: this seller has to be the biggest joke ive ever come across. First off all he/she does is, go to c21 and photograph clothes in the dressing room lists it on ebay without buying it and if it sells runs back to the store and tries to buy the items if its still there (and the prices are marked up x3 on alot of shitty items). But this listing takes the cake have a look and a laugh http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-SER...644?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab17efdcc

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011

11. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

"It effects rightaway once you purchase this service, return accepted also for total 3 items you purchased if it doesn't fit"

Best sentence on the internet. Fact.

12. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

[​IMG]

13. eddievddr10

there is much win in this listing

14. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Personal favorite is the $400,000 savings over 30 years. That is per person... obviously.

15. NORE

NORE Senior member

Sooo much.