• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bad seller pics can hide a lot (some good and some bad). SO, it was a GRAIN that was in the photos! I had thought that was fine cracks in smooth calf from the pics (as is seen in SO MANY vintage Lobbs). I stand corrected. As with a lot of vintage shoes, Grain leather has proven to be quite durable and long-lasting over time. You definitely made a good call & took the chance.

is that deer skin?

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

my thinking exactly, they are definitely a contender for most expensive ugly shoe ever.

Yeah, sorry to throw that stink bomb out there. But they were so notably and uniquely ugly that I just couldn't resist!

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score

Yeah, sorry to throw that stink bomb out there. But they were so notably and uniquely ugly that I just couldn't resist!

I guess I am a 1%er then because I actually like these shoes. What am I missing? I am not a big fan of scotch grain or leather that has a scotch grain type of appearance, but the design of the shoe itself, wing-tip balmoral, seems fine to me? Those are great project shoes!

sprout

Reaction score
I guess I am a 1%er then because I actually like these shoes. What am I missing? I am not a big fan of scotch grain or leather that has a scotch grain type of appearance, but the design of the shoe itself, wing-tip balmoral, seems fine to me? Those are great project shoes!

You're talking about a different pair of shoes. See the link on the previous page

bullswin

Reaction score
dumb question -- I was going to buy some Saphir from that UK seller that everyone jumped on a couple weeks ago (Spoo originally pointed it out). What's the difference between these two Saphir cream products?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPHIR-CREAM-50G-RICH-WAXED-CREAM-MANY-COLOURS-/260892571501
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPHIR-MEDA...OVATING-CREAM-POLISH-11-COLOURS-/260880331443

I already own the latter product in one color, and I'm now interested in getting a few more colors... but I'm not sure which cream to get. Advice?

LatinStyleLover

Reaction score

You're talking about a different pair of shoes.  See the link on the previous page

Actually, I quoted the wrong person. Namor, who bought the shoes, said about them: "seller sent the shoes fedex overnight at no additional charge. shoes are kinda hideous but the leather looks unique"

I don't find them hideous at all.

sprout

Reaction score
Actually, I quoted the wrong person. Namor, who bought the shoes, said about them: "seller sent the shoes fedex overnight at no additional charge. shoes are kinda hideous but the leather looks unique"
I don't find them hideous at all.

Oh, yeah, I see now. I agree with you, I see nothing hideous about those.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:

I discovered their stuff a while ago, amazing. but expensive
baldy[1].gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads