Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. joshmv

joshmv Well-Known Member

Very tempting. I usually try to stick with UK 10's, does anybody know if EG's run a little small?

2. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Mine was here late last week. Friday I think. I'm in the midwest.

I ordered almost immediately after Spoo posted the link. Later that day i ordered some polish. No sign of the polish yet...

3. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mine came yesterday in LA. Also packed poorly, but it made it.

4. fredrikkm

fredrikkm Senior member

Definitely not true. The same thing happened to me and two other guys I know of. I sent him a message on ebay, but still haven't heard back from him :/

5. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Likewise. Came yesterday, and seemed to have one bubble wrap as the base, with the external package seeming to be crumpled, I'm surprised even one made it. Bit all was safe.

However - minor quibble- almost 40-50% of the cream in one bottle seems to have vanished. And I did not realize that the bottles had a top that opens so easily, one push and you're there.

6. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

Not entirely "desiderata" as such, but recalling the love of croc around here, I feel it necessary to post this... Especially in light of "Ferrari Funds" and whatnot.

A 2002 Aston Martin DB7 V12, but with a re-upholstered interior. Namely, partial alligator skin. I can't tell if it's faux or not, since most shots aren't close enough, but it looks irregular enough to be real.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002...ars_Trucks&hash=item2c603f70ae#ht_6048wt_1167

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

7. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

Oops again.

Yeah. Etsy's software isn't as good. It doesn't allow you to save searches even.

On the search bar, you can specify "handmade/vintage/all items". If you select vintage, you cut out all the handmade stuff. Combine that with some well placed search subtractions (place a "-" before the word you want to filter out) and you can cut down the results to something reasonable. I know exactly who you mean with the J Press tags. It's pretty annoying.

Both the blessing and the curse of Etsy is that there are still a lot of people there who don't quite know what they have. You have to use tricks to find the good stuff, but when you do its sometimes priced very low. I hadn't really intended to blow up my spot like this. :tounge: Oh well.

8. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior member

9. ruben

ruben Senior member

Yeah, I think it also suffers from people who think their crap is worth more than it is, like the people who think that their old tweed jacket is worth $350, these people are on ebay too and it drives me crazy.

The thing with search refinements is that you end up getting rid of misplaced items that are usually a good deal, taking away the "handmade" items will get rid of hundreds of shirt pillows, but it'll also filter out a bunhc of shoes and ties that should have been under "vintage".

just to be clear, I didn;t mean you.

10. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Jesse, what chu doing looking for Astons? :)

12. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

It was a golf umbrella...

13. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Then, if I'm not mistaken, the BIN was pretty close to retail, wasn't it? Also the description was a gross misrepresentation.

14. hst

hst Senior member

I ordered the day Spoo posted the link, and got them 2 days ago.