Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

He wrote me back saying he would replace the broken jars free of charge. I suppose I can't expect more than that.

2. hst

hst Senior member

He offered to replace mine too. The only thing is he told me that mine is an isolated incident which I know not to be true. Anyway, I said that he needed to improve the packaging. Otherwise, it is definitely going to happen again. Well, let's wait and see.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yeah - I had 8 jars in a box with one plastic grocery store bag and a thin sheet of bubble wrap. :(

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

my first order included 9 jars in a small flat box. he used 3 small bubble packages to fill in the empty space but fortunately everything arrived uncracked

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I bought two and they came in two layers of bubble wrap. The big bubble wrap stuff.

6. SpooPoker

:p

7. hst

hst Senior member

+1.

Mine were stuffed with 2 grocery plastic bags!

8. PL92106

PL92106 Senior member

My jars showed up fine somehow - wrapped in the small bubble wrap. However, after the wax part of the order was shipped I got a refund for one wax plus shipping as he found out after the fact from his supplier that one of them was sold out. Not a huge deal, but the offer was just to repurchase the one he couldn't ship initially with full boat shipping vs. at the combined shipping rate. Again, not a huge deal, but a little annoying.

BTW, how would you recommend I leave feedback as I'm happy except for the one that wasn't sent? 5 star for all but one of them and 3-4 star for the one I bought he couldn't deliver? Or should I just be a good guy and give him 5 star across the board? Leaning toward the latter.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5 stars. I only give less if the customer service is bad

10. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior member

Got mine tonight, just in time for my Sid mashburn double monks which arrive tomorrow! :slayer:

11. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

12. SnarlPatrick

Agreed. Low star ratings really hurt the seller disproportionally. I lost my top rated status which cost me an extra 20% on all my fees. At the very least give the person the opportunity to make it right first.

My jars arrived unbroken but the packing wasn't adequate. Just luck that they were intact.

13. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

Carmina Split Toes. 9.5 Wide - $75 start.

'
    This is not correct. These aren't Carminas. They are Yankos. They are 2 different companies that only share that were created by the same person and that both are in Mallorca. Yanko retails in Spain for around EUR 180-220 for Goodyear while Carmina does it for over EUR 300.

14. SnarlPatrick

Sorry. It said "Yanko by Carmina" so I thought it was a Polo by C&J situation. Good to know.