1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. JhwkMac

JhwkMac Senior member

3. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

im pretty sure its him, hes even mocking me by writing holy grail, im sure he reads this thread, the crease was not that pronounced plus the angle of his pic plus shoe trees could hide that. Hes notorious for not posting the bottom of shoes to show wear, so this could be another maneuver. GRPOS

4. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I'm certain he does it on purpose. Why else would you post only one picture for an auction you are seeking $1000 for? He consistently neglects to post sole pictures of used shoes. I am convinced he's trying to pull one over.

He did have that dispute on the B&S where he neglected to post sole pictures of some shoes that didn't traditionally come w/ rubber soles. I think that's the dispute that got him kicked off of SF.

5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Hopefully someone doesn't pull a "bear sweater incident" on him :nodding:

6. ruben

ruben Senior member

He's bought/bidded on a few of my items and I found him a pleasure to deal with.

His initial prices were just a touch above mine, but the final bids were like 4 times higher.

I think his pictures look bad, but they seem to work well, I can't begrudge what the guy does.

7. eddievddr10

hes an ass, he bought a pair of nwt tom ford pants for like 24 bucks!! and in feedback complained how the tags were not attached a serious a-hole im sure he flipped it.

8. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Someone should click the BIN, and then contest them when they come and "help" the guy lose the money :slayer::nodding:

9. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

10. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Isaia-Napol...port_Coats&hash=item46006890fa#ht_2403wt_1396

I love this guy! :laugh:

Had this listed around this price a couple of months ago. Time goes by, no offers or buyers (probably no watchers at that price) He eventually drops the price to a $400 auction, still no buyers. So he tosses it up at a $1000 BIN when similar Isaia SC's (and nicer ones) are going for less than 10% of his asking price, it cracks me up :laugh:

Honestly, you can find brand new Isaia SC's for half this.

Honestly, its people like this who make me want to start a ebay thread where we post about sellers who think their items are worth way more than they actually are, providing us all with laughs.

Another candidate for this would be the seller trying to sell some hugo boss suede shoes for around $227, they look to be nearly worn through in the sole, and the seller claims they were worn twice.

11. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    This is probably one of my favorite eBay things, only worn twice (or whatever) but looks like it has gone through world war 3

12. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

These last several posts explain exactly WHY Ebay has such a liberal return policy. There are quite a few sellers out there that will lie and GREATLY exagerate in their ads, this is the only way to protect buyers without experience & knowledge of the items they try to purchase.

13. eddievddr10

id rather someone do some research before buying something instead of just buying and knowing they have complete power over the seller, caveat emptor now applies to sellers unfortunately

14. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

If an item is clearly knackered in the pics and someone still buys it, too bad. It's one thing to try to prevent undetectable deception, another to try to save people from their own stupidity. If you can convince me to give you five grand for your used AEs, good on you.

15. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

I can see your point, but the guy I mentioned above (with the hugo boss suede shoes) said they were worn twice. This might be true, if the person wearing them did not take them off for two months.

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

17. eddievddr10

18. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

19. eddievddr10