Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

^^ thats just to cover shipping

2. gam29

gam29 Senior member

3. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

I'm not sure if I am being punked or you people are serious! I have gotten more private messages in 1 day than I have in all of my time on the forum combined! I am thinking I might just ask my dad what the deal is with this tie because, at this point, I am not sure if you guys are pulling my leg big time or if these are serious expressions of interest? I remember him talking about a rare Hermes silk scarf tie he sold in 2003 for $750 so I know he knows something about ties. Frankly, my 2 red Attolini silk ties, that I bought at the same time as this tie, are nicer ties, in my opinion, but then what do I know.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I have a pink cashmere Petronius tie, that :slayer:

Available for sale if anyone is interested still :)

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We are

not kidding

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

damn it, i came here to link those. :fu:

moral of the story latinstylelover, you own a SF icon. if you want to keep it, by all means do, and be proud with the full knowledge of what you own.

if however you want to sell it, lmk, will kop for goooooood money.

kthnxbai.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

damn, more pink tie drama? I suggest we re-name it the mother terasa tie because this shit just keeps on giving, and giving, and..

8. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

Okay, I think I get it now. So, Spoo and I are the only two people on the planet known to own this particular tie. I had a watch like that. I found it in an antique store, not working, but it looked interesting and the price was right. In trying to find out a bit about the watch on one of those watch forums I learned it was one of only 4 watches of that brand/model known to exist. I ended up selling it to the author of the book on that particular brand of watches. I actually accepted 1 grand less than I had been offered by others so that this "utlimate" collector of these watches could have it. Don't get me wrong, I made a very nice profit, but I just thought the guy who wrote the book on these things ought have the watch. I know this is not exactly the same thing, but I understand a bit better.

Actually, the only time I wore the tie I did so with an outfit almost exactly the same as Spoo exhibited his on. My blue suit was Brioni, the shirt Kiton, and the shoes Edward Green oxfords, although not wingtips. I also used a very different pocket square. I think the look is very good, but I wore the outfit to the Marine Corps Ball and let's just say it was not thought of with the same high regard it is here, hence, the reason I have not worn it since. I now have a slightly different perspective on it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im still baffled that another unicorn is out there. Where do you live? US? Europe? I need to make sure they are kept at great distances at all times, like the president and vice president. :laugh:

10. poorlawstudent

poorlawstudent Well-Known Member

nice new dp spoo :D

11. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

12. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

I'm interested as well. Sadly though, those vertical "creases" through the vamp are very likely cracks, I fear. Old Lobbs & Westons suffer from the same malady often. If that is the case, even if you feel they are still wearable (added character maybe?), you will need to condition them steadily for a time to prevent further damage, as well as polish & condition with each wear, I think.

13. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

Only one thing that's pink that gets me THIS excited

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Come on children back to your work.