Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It started as a hobby, then became a job. Kind of like the Blob, but the Jeff Goldblum one, not the original. :laugh:

Lets just say I am extremely well connected.

2. ruben

ruben Senior member

Thanks for the reply.

Here's something I always wondered that you might be able to explain, given your profession...

When I search for, say Polo products on ebay, there are seemingly dozens of sellers with thousands of listings going selling new shirt/jackets/whatever.

Are these people just really dedicated clearance center shoppers? do manufacturers sell old stuff to them like the would TJMaxx?

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Its not my main profession though... just something to kill time the other 16 hours a day Im not at work.

I have no idea about the polo guys... but there is so much of it going around, there could be a million different sources.

4. SpooPoker

5. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

6. SpooPoker

Usually getting in the way of working on my auctions.

7. ezlau

ezlau Senior member

8. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

While I cannot speak for Spoo, I know my dad spent 7 or 8 years finding his multiple sources for the items he sells on Ebay and he guards those sources like Pakistan hid Bin Laden! His sources are the primary reason he will not hire anyone to work for him (and he needs the help with close to 2000 items in storage that he cannot get to) for fear they will simply use his sources, buy stuff on their own to sell and thereby driving up his costs. I have heard these exact words come out of his mouth more than once when friends/acquaintances ask: "My sources are protected, proprietary information and I won't discuss them." Whatever Spoo's sources, he has them and they allow him to make some extra money on the side. I think anyone believing he is going to just blurt it out here for all to see is living in a dream world. Seller's sources are what allows them to be sellers and giving that out to others and creating more competition for the items they buy would be foolish and self-destructive. At least that is what I think about it anyway. So what are your thoughts Spoo?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

9. SpooPoker

I think I need to hit up your dad if he has an extra 2000 items he does not have the time to sell. ;)

10. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

Amazing deals here. Tempted to buy the WT boots and stuff in the closet until mine wear out! :foo:

NIB $450 free shipping Alden Ravello Chukka Boots 10D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Mens-...6568446?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2567e0b07e

NIB $450 free shipping Alden Ravello Wingtip Boots 10D
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Mens-...6565046?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2567e0a336

NIB $475 free shipping Alden Whiskey Shell Captoes 10D
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Mens-...6566874?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2567e0aa5a

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

12. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Spoo gets all his stuff from me. He buys from my auctions ( see link below ) and flips them for realllly good money. Ya'll should try that.

Back on subject:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tommy-Hilfi...Men_s_Shoes&hash=item45fbc691f4#ht_2022wt_792

13. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

Let me know how those WT boots work out for ya' ;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011

14. SimonC

SimonC Senior member

15. ezlau

ezlau Senior member