Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

enjoy, i know youve been looking for one for a while, better than the dmamged ones you previously eyed, the value on this will only rise with age, use it in good health!

2. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

a man's purchase! congrats.

3. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

4. gam29

gam29 Senior member

what a shady character! i told her i would send payment as soon as i got home from work, and she went and relisted the bag at a higher asking price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hermes-Briefcase-/290610199408?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Briefcases&hash=item43a9b7bb70

and sent me a message saying:

"i would like to relist the item as i can not tell how serious you are about this bag. This happened to me twice previously and i do not want to open a case in the resolution center and wait four days.
    When you are home and comfortable enough, please make you offer accordingly. When i accept your offer, please make payment promptly.
    My apologies to you if this inconveniences you in any way but as I'm sure you would understand if you put yourself in my shoes, this is not personal, simply following ebay rules.
    Looking forward to do business with and I hope you always get what you want."

I wrote her back with 2 messages and said:

"I have over 500 feedback on ebay 100% positive. I cannot access my Paypal account at work, which is why I said I would have to wait until I got home. I just got home from work and am sending payment now. I expect you to pull down your ebay listing and honor the original contract that you and I had. It did not state in your listing that payment was needed within a few hours of the listing ending. Thank you."

"I'm just going to add this as well. I buy and sell a lot on ebay, and have sold some very expensive items on here as well. It is not uncommon for people to take a day or two to pay. If you need payment immediately, I would suggest that you use the 'Immediate Payment Required' feature with the buy it now option to avoid this situation in the future. It is not uncommon for me as a seller to have to wait 2 or 3 business days to receive payment from buyers as people are working, busy, etc. I've never encountered someone who would go as far as to relist the item and at a higher price within <6 hours of a purchase being made. Regardless, payment has been sent. Please send me the tracking information once you have shipped the bag. Thank you."

i just sent payment so we'll see what happens. i think she just wants more money.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  5. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Perhaps someone showed her this thread and she got greedy.

6. MalfordOfLondon

More likely she got a load of questions asking for second chances if the sale fell through.

7. eddievddr10

and the plot thickens, :hide: im afraid your screwed by a greedy seller

8. gam29

gam29 Senior member

you think it's fair game for me to BIN again and just not pay for the second listing? i don't think there is anything ethically wrong with that.

9. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

What's the retail on that anyway? Don't see the attraction myself - better quality bags available for much cheaper.

10. eddievddr10

probably like 8,000 but i think they discontinured the sac depeche so its hard to get in great condition, this was a steal

11. MalfordOfLondon

I think it; might be a little less - especially for the single gusset version? Either way - the price that gam29 purchased it at was sweet. He could have used it for 5 years and sold it for a profit...!

I think SAB et al are on par quality wise but the Sac a depeche really is an elegant bag.

12. gam29

gam29 Senior member

i just hit the BIN button again. i already paid for the bag. she doesn't have 2 of them, so she can just file a mutual agreement not to complete the transaction to recover the fees.

she shouldn't have relisted it in the first place. i'm just going to keep doing the same thing if she tries to relist.

13. MalfordOfLondon

I can't see this ending well... :/

14. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

I see the boots are labeled 11 but I am not sure whether that is the US size or UK/EU size. I have bought a couple pairs of shoes from Ron that were size 12 but labeled 11 (UK/EU sizing).

15. gam29

gam29 Senior member

haha, me either...i don't quit easy though. hopefully she'll come around and do the right thing. if she doesn't, then i'll be buying myself a bespoke suit instead. i'd rather have this bag though since they don't seem to be available very often.