Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

What a confusing listing - seller manages to make it sound like the shoes are C&Js for Cole Haan or C&Js for PRL. Its a lovely listing - although I've never heard that C&J made shoes for Cole Haan . . .which certainly doesnt mean it never happened. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:SS:US:1123

I've seen EG and Cheaney but never C&J. It certainly is possible, though.

2. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I've seen EG and Cheaney but never C&J. It certainly is possible, though.
    I'm pretty sure they aren't C&J, and that seller is notorious for making up stuff about makers. He'll play ignorant if you call him out on it. I'm not particularly fond of that seller. Back when I was doing more ebay stuff, he used to email me about not bidding on certain items to keep prices low, and he would offer to do the same. There were other shady emails he sent me that left me thinking he was not 100% trustworthy.

3. xudisco07

xudisco07 Senior member

I'm pretty sure they aren't C&J, and that seller is notorious for making up stuff about makers. He'll play ignorant if you call him out on it.

I'm not particularly fond of that seller. Back when I was doing more ebay stuff, he used to email me about not bidding on certain items to keep prices low, and he would offer to do the same. There were other shady emails he sent me that left me thinking he was not 100% trustworthy.

I guess in his defense the nail pattern looks very similar to the C&J pattern.

4. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake. On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

5. onix

onix Senior member

I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake.

On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

Saw that listing too, and I'm very sure that it's Cheaney. A while ago, I saw another Cole Haan pair with the exact nail pattern, and the word BENCHMADE in the same fonts. After asking the seller if there is any stamps on the insoles, he replied back with the signature Cheaney stamp:
    Made in
    Leather Insoles
    England

A side note: C&J nail pattern is not exactly the same with that one, it has one nail at the middle front of the heel.

6. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I agree, but I don't think they are C&J. If there was a picture of the sizing writing, I could tell for sure. I suspect that they are Loake.

On another note, that seller used to put references to brands, like Edward Green, in the title and listing to make you think they were Edward Green. He would then hide a note that the shoes were similar in quality to Edward Green but may not be EG. Stuff like that prevents me from believing a word that he says.

What do you mean by hiding the note?

Sounds like an all-around unsavory e-character . . .

7. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

What do you mean by hiding the note? Sounds like an all-around unsavory e-character . . .
    It's buried in his multi-page useless descriptions. I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way. I don't think the guy is a scammer, but I would carefully read his descriptions multiple times before purchasing. I would also do my own research and not rely on his assertions about a manufacturer or his statements that an 11A fits like a 10C.

8. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

It's buried in his multi-page useless descriptions.

I don't want anyone to take my comments the wrong way. I don't think the guy is a scammer, but I would carefully read his descriptions multiple times before purchasing. I would also do my own research and not rely on his assertions about a manufacturer or his statements that an 11A fits like a 10C.

Got it.

9. 518aata

518aata Senior member

10. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Brooks Peal tan boots (Is the correct term "jodpur"?) Not sure of the maker. They look nearly new. Size 9B. Opening bid of $49.99. No bids with six hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Might grab these - hopefully they will fit an 8.5 D. I'll pass them on on B&S if they are a fail.

11. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

Brooks Peal tan boots (Is the correct term "jodpur"?) Not sure of the maker. They look nearly new. Size 9B. Opening bid of $49.99. No bids with six hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

They are not Jodhpur boots, rather, they are Chelsea boots. Jodhpur has the strap that wraps around the ankle.

12. HGCROSBY

HGCROSBY Senior member

Might grab these - hopefully they will fit an 8.5 D. I'll pass them on on B&S if they are a fail.
    FYI- I'm pretty sure they are women's boots. I've never seen a men's Peal shoe or boot with a B width. Also, look at the measurements. Buyer beware!

13. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

FYI- I'm pretty sure they are women's boots. I've never seen a men's Peal shoe or boot with a B width. Also, look at the measurements. Buyer beware!

There are 7 models of Brooks Brothers shoes that can be purchased online in size 9B, including two pairs of Peals - a captoe and a monkstrap.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com//searc...t1&u2=t3&u3=t5

9B is part of the Peal Range, but it is not common.

14. HGCROSBY

HGCROSBY Senior member

There are 7 models of Brooks Brothers shoes that can be purchased online in size 9B, including two pairs of Peals - a captoe and a monkstrap.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com//searc...t1&u2=t3&u3=t5

9B is part of the Peal Range, but it is not common.

How do you explain the sole measurement? 11"? The seller doesn't suggest it is the insole. I'd definitely need more info before I bid.

15. HGCROSBY

HGCROSBY Senior member