1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

2. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

The narrow C/B width on those Hermes could be a problem though.

3. 888style

888style Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

5. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

+1 - I've never seen a Hermes shoe in anything but a standard width.

6. LatinStyleLover

I am not an expert on Hermes so I don't know, but I did contact the seller and he confirmed that they are a narrow width and that his price reflects that fact. Maybe they are a standard width Hermes, but he thinks the width is a bit narrow? His exact message to me: "Yes they are narrow......I wish they weren't but as you noted priced accordingly."

7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Driven out of the price range of an obscure item again by its inclusion in this thread - grrr.

8. SpooPoker

Maybe he thinks they are narrow for him - but I honestly don't think they make shoes in narrow.

Which?

9. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

Was after that Budd shirt. Quite confident it would have sailed under the radar if it hadn't of been included in here.

10. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Thats one of the draw backs of this thread, i've missed a few items over the months due to this thread :(

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

ii hear you fellas, its a crying shame. I was watching a Hermes Bull Penis Whip and once it was included in RJ's auction, the price went through the roof. My sex life, and that of my gay Peruvian lover has suffered significantly as a result of RJman including the Hermes Bull Penis Whip in one of his great, community service lists.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  12. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Touche or is it F off :lol: I suppose the real story is how did you meet your gay peruvian lover and how did you find out he was into Bull Penis Whips ?? Just how does that come up in conversation ? I'm always shy in breaking the ice with such things.

13. LatinStyleLover

I think this argument has played out many times before. I think it comes down to this: when an item you were already watching gets posted here then you are pissed, naturally. When an item is posted that you would have otherwise missed then it is great that someone posted it here. I have experienced both, having lost an item that was flying under the radar until.....but then I have obtained many more items that I almost certainly would not have found. On balance, I have benefited far more from items being inlcuded here. In fact, I have obtained some items that RJ found that have left me so gratified that I spend time I probably should not spend trying to find him those damned coral cufflinks, just to say thank you.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

im being a douche so I posted a troll comment. However, I know how you feel. Once I identified a pair of cordo C&J for RL shoes and one of the posters identified it as such and included it in a list. Just like LSL said, it works both ways. And sometimes an item that you are selling gets posted. then its obviously in your favor.

The lists are a treat. If it wasnt for RJman, I wouldnt have known of the bull whip :p

15. SpooPoker

If this is not sigged by anyone I will be very disappoint.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

17. SpooPoker

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

would kop and chop if were my size

19. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member