1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

You think so? I was looking at the ripples in the first pic and for sure I thought shell... did I pay a ripoff price if it was calf?

It's really hard to tell from the pictures but I certainly think so. I'll just say $129 is a decent price for that model in shell so let's hope they are.

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Tons of blue Duckie Brown for Florsheim PTB's available on ebay from GVH.

There are also red and silver suede loafers as well.

All garish to me, but somebody might like. Myself, I think I am going to spring for Navy MacNeils later this summer.

edit: some direct links.

Blue PTB's - size 9.5

Oxblood (Red) Suede Loafers - size 9.5

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

[​IMG] what you think H man? Shell or no?
    i actually think they could be. the color and the patina-ing (sorry if i get the terminology wrong) are reminiscent of shell to my eye. but i would be more inclined to trust distinctive's opinion - he has far more experience with shell than i do.

4. jreigen

jreigen Senior member

5. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

I just won these Brooks loafers for $129... pretty sure they are shell.. calling the experts here, are they? Not a bad price, I thought..
    Sorry, not shell. Nice shoes all the same.

6. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Nice JM Weston black Chelsea boots in a size 9.

Weston Chelseas

I just rolled the dice with these Westons, not great pictures, but she sent me sole picks by email and I'm hopeful they are in acceptable shape. Otherwise, she will take returns. I'm happy to try out my first pair from this brand.

Westons

7. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

I just rolled the dice with these Westons, not great pictures, but she sent me sole picks by email and I'm hopeful they are in acceptable shape. Otherwise, she will take returns. I'm happy to try out my first pair from this brand.

Westons

So you're the jerk who sniped me with 4 seconds left [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Yeah, that was me.[​IMG] OK, I have a serious question for you. Why bid with 15 minutes left in the auction? If you had not bid, I would have likely bid lower than the final cost in the last few seconds, and you would have gotten them for $150 (actually like $127, because with only that 0 feedback guy showing interest, I was going to bid $125). Once I saw a serious bidder I reassessed how much I wanted to spend, and came back with a snipe (by hand, I don't trust sniping software). Why show your cards like that? Anyway, sorry, I'll PM you if they don't fit. [​IMG]

9. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

10. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Yeah, that was me.[​IMG]

OK, I have a serious question for you. Why bid with 15 minutes left in the auction? If you had not bid, I would have likely bid lower than the final cost in the last few seconds, and you would have gotten them for $150 (actually like $127, because with only that 0 feedback guy showing interest, I was going to bid $125). Once I saw a serious bidder I reassessed how much I wanted to spend, and came back with a snipe (by hand, I don't trust sniping software). Why show your cards like that?

Anyway, sorry, I'll PM you if they don't fit. [​IMG]

I usually do manual snipes also, with 7 seconds left, but it was late friday afternoon and I had to run out, so I figured the 0 feedbacker had a low bid and because of the wonderful pics, no "serious" bidder would try, so I took a shot on them...I'm my own worst enemy [​IMG]
    Please let me know if they don't work for you!!
    Thanks,

11. clausc

clausc Senior member

Just curious, why manual snipes? Not reliable or do not trust them (auction sniper, eSnipe, gixen, etc)? I've used successfully various services (e.g free trials or time limited), now I'm using a free one, usualy with 7 seconds before the end.

12. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Just curious, wh manual snipes? Not reliable or do not trust them? I've used successfully various services (e.g free trials or time limited), not I'm using a free one, usual with 7 seconds before the end.

I usually use auctionsniper.com - I had forgotten to do it earlier, and just ran out of time...[​IMG]

13. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ive got the same shoe (I think) same size, same color (I think) in my aucs right now... at only $9.99 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I saw that there were two pairs up at once in a 12.5 which seemed unlikely and I was worried that one was a scam using pictures from the other. But from the sole shots it's pretty certain that they are different shoes. The lining seems pretty worn on that second pair, and there is that split along the welt, though anywhere near that price I suppose you could send them back for reconstruction and get out ahead.

Ive got the same shoe (I think) same size, same color (I think) in my aucs right now... at only $9.99 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

17. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

They SEEM like Sutors, who at one time (maybe currently?) has made shoes for Borrelli.

18. srivats

srivats Senior member

Sorry, not shell. Nice shoes all the same.

+1 .. Spoo, those are calf.

19. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

]

She also has some sweet Norvegese Sutor's.[/quote]

[​IMG]