Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

Few blocks from my relatives [​IMG] BTW you see it, teh alligator?

That guy is from Martinez, which is where I grew up. Where are your relatives?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That guy is from Martinez, which is where I grew up. Where are your relatives?

You grew up in Martinez? Thats awesome. They are in Evans. Best Waffle House in the world on Washington Road. You still go back? There was a Mexican place in Martinez that was off the chain, I forgot the name.

3. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

You grew up in Martinez? Thats awesome. They are in Evans. Best Waffle House in the world on Washington Road. You still go back? There was a Mexican place in Martinez that was off the chain, I forgot the name.

I grew up in the West Lake subdivision. My parents still work in Augusta. They split their time between a place in Evans and a place about 1 1/4 hours outside of Augusta. I visit a few times a year. Your wife's family? Where did she go to high school?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I grew up in the West Lake subdivision. My parents still work in Augusta. They split their time between a place in Evans and a place about 1 1/4 hours outside of Augusta. I visit a few times a year. Your wife's family? Where did she go to high school?

West Lake is awesome. There are some great houses there. My wife grew up in Germany though. Next time I roll down, Ill PM you. Maybe we can grab some strawberry pie at the Wifesavers by the Masters (best fucking pie ever) [​IMG]

5. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

West Lake is awesome. There are some great houses there. My wife grew up in Germany though. Next time I roll down, Ill PM you. Maybe we can grab some strawberry pie at the Wifesavers by the Masters (best fucking pie ever) [​IMG]

As long as you correctly pronounce Martinez in only a way that someone from that area would pronounce it.

6. SpooPoker

As long as you correctly pronounce Martinez in only a way that someone from that area would pronounce it.

Mahr - TIN - ehzz [​IMG]

7. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

The listing will get pulled anyways for keyword spamming.

...and it's gone.

8. SpooPoker

9. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

10. SpooPoker

PRL Darlton shell wingtips. Seller says worn twice, but no sole pics. Size 10. $450 BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polo-Ralph-Laure...2#ht_402wt_553

Shit, that is tempting... He states Church's, but thats not right, is it? I thought those were C&J.

and edit - NVM, I see they are running big. You think these are too big for a US 9.5? I took at 10 in the Redways and they are slightly big.

11. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

Shit, that is tempting... He states Church's, but thats not right, is it? I thought those were C&J.

and edit - NVM, I see they are running big. You think these are too big for a US 9.5? I took at 10 in the Redways and they are slightly big.

I've no personal experience with sizing, but they should be C&J.

12. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

I'm not a shell cordovan guy, I'm not even sure if "cordovan horsehide" is the same thing but here are a nice pair of vintage Cole Haan captoes. Shell seems to go for a pretty penny so I suppose if it is, then $199.00 is a decent price . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/50s-Vintage-Cole...item35b0508460

Great find

13. Flimsychicken

Flimsychicken Senior member

Yes, they are CJ (don't recall the last). I own a pair, and they are GREAT. They run a half size big. And that pair was topyed, so there's no real telling whether they are indeed only worn twice. Also, price is not that great. For a few bucks more, you can get them new when RL runs its sale on them.

14. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I went true to size with my Darltons - I went with 10.5D, and most of my AE's are 10.5D.

I wear the Darltons quite a bit.

15. forex

forex Senior member