Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. 518aata

518aata Senior member

2. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

The same seller has Brooks' pieced shell cordovan belts in a black and brown in a variety of sizes. $75.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROOKS-BROTHERS-...item800ff5e5c7

Awesome. My experience with belts is that you size one up, so I am out of luck on the burgundy, since he only has 31-32 available (and I wear size 32 trou). Otherwise would kop.

3. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Awesome. My experience with belts is that you size one up, so I am out of luck on the burgundy, since he only has 31-32 available (and I wear size 32 trou). Otherwise would kop.

Very true for the BB shell -you'd want a 34.

4. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

5. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Would have been nice! Damn - I've been looking for a nice burgundy belt.

6. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Affiliate Vendor

Would have been nice! Damn - I've been looking for a nice burgundy belt.
    Just buy the big one and have your cobbler cut it down. Should cost about $10. I've done it for a customer with the exact same belt. I even used the extra shell cordovan to make a sweet key chain.

7. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Just buy the big one and have your cobbler cut it down. Should cost about $10.

I've done it for a customer with the exact same belt. I even used the extra shell cordovan to make a sweet key chain.

As I see this and go over to buy, the last long burgundy belt has been sold. You killed kenny, you bastards!

8. onix

onix Senior member

Nice C&J brown captoe oxfords.

Currently $65.

LEENK

PM'ed the seller for the code and learned that the shoes are actually C&J Handgrade on 330 last, the same as these. Kopped! Thanks Angelicboris.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And I will do my worst and it's not BIN.

Doing it so it may help someone, apologies if it does not match up to RJMan's clearly high standards, or his objectives for this thread.

15 minutes left on pre-owned Edward Green Cadogan Brogues in 9.5D, $200

Quoting myself, but 5 bids in the last 15 seconds! A lesson in ebay bidding for me.

You did yourself a favor. That seller is a wack job (and a douchebag)

10. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Spoo-
    Tell me how you really feel. Bad experience?

11. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I wasn't intending to bid, not my size. But it's good to have that info.

12. onix

onix Senior member

Would love to hear the story.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Spoo-
    Tell me how you really feel. Bad experience?

I wasn't intending to bid, not my size. But it's good to have that info.

Would love to hear the story.

[​IMG] I wish I saved the emails.

It was about that same pair of shoes (which just now sold after 5 times relisted or so). The initial list price was $3xx and didnt sell. I emailed them very politely and said since they didnt get a bid would they sell to me at a lower price (didnt name one), could do it off ebay to save the fees, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, a few back and forth emails (mostly her going on with some giant multisyllabic tirades about disrespecting the quality of the shoes by a lowball offer (I never named a price) and how it was not fair to other bidders to offer a price and who was I to determine the value of such a world renowned brand, etc. I gave up. I mean the emails were paragraphs and paragraphs. It was painful. It got ugly in the end, but I cant remember why... I do know that she was a total loon and I even blocked her from my auctions so I wouldnt get stalked [​IMG]

14. onix

onix Senior member

[​IMG] I wish I saved the emails.

It was about that same pair of shoes (which just now sold after 5 times relisted or so). The initial list price was $3xx and didnt sell. I emailed them very politely and said since they didnt get a bid would they sell to me at a lower price (didnt name one), could do it off ebay to save the fees, yada, yada, yada. Anyway, a few back and forth emails (mostly her going on with some giant multisyllabic tirades about disrespecting the quality of the shoes by a lowball offer (I never named a price) and how it was not fair to other bidders to offer a price and who was I to determine the value of such a world renowned brand, etc. I gave up. I mean the emails were paragraphs and paragraphs. It was painful. It got ugly in the end, but I cant remember why... I do know that she was a total loon and I even blocked her from my auctions so I wouldnt get stalked [​IMG]

LOL. Given that the shoes are sold for barely over $300, he probably would have been better off if she had sold the pair off ebay to you.

15. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

I think this could be interesting. Filson large carry on for BIN of $299.99 I have not seen (caveat - I'm a noob to eBay) a new 242 selling for that price. If you see the other listings for the 242, they're typically at $400-$455.