1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

Well, strictly speaking, the thread is "Cool shoes...", not "Great-BIN/Secret/Under-the-radar shoes...". And "cool" is subjective.

+1.

2. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Well, strictly speaking, the thread is "Cool shoes...", not "Great-BIN/Secret/Under-the-radar shoes...". And "cool" is subjective.

Great, I'll post all the shoes I like on eBay. What exactly is cool/interesting about a pair of Black BB Shell Longwings?

3. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Great, I'll post all the shoes I like on eBay. What exactly is cool/interesting about a pair of Black BB Shell Longwings?

The post described exactly what you'd be finding. If you didn't find it interesting why did you click on it?

Stop being such a whiny little dick!

4. onix

onix Senior member

well:
    And "cool" is subjective.

5. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Are you guys seriously jumping down my throat over this? This thread is typically good BINs, mislabeled items, and legitimately interesting shoes (exotic leathers, top tier brands, etc.). I stand by my original criticism in that I don't think the BB Shell Longwings fit the bill.

6. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

Are you guys seriously jumping down my throat over this? This thread is typically good BINs, mislabeled items, and legitimately interesting shoes (exotic leathers, top tier brands, etc.). I stand by my original criticism in that I don't think the BB Shell Longwings fit the bill.

This isn't a busy or overloaded thread and doesn't need to be limited to exotic leathers. Or moderated. Plenty of room for the mundane that might be picked up at a good price.

7. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

This isn't a busy or overloaded thread and doesn't need to be limited to exotic leathers. Or moderated. Plenty of room for the mundane that might be picked up at a good price.

This.

It is not like posts will get lost in the overabundance of information in this thread...

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

When everyone thinks you're wrong, you usually are. Anyway, it's RJman's thread and he had occasionally objected to off topic crap being posted here, but the post you're bitching about doesn't fall into that category.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

+1.

+2

You are kinda acting dickish bro. Close the computer, realize its just a pair of shoes, come back, happy days are here again. [​IMG]

10. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

11. 330CK

330CK Senior member

Nice size 12 Alden for Brooks Brothers shell cordovan black wingtips. Only $100 right now.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What is the point of this? Post something with a BIN, or at least post something that isn't labelled as shell.

You're an immature little cock. He posted them because they had the potential to go for cheap.

And click on the link again...

Look at that, they went for $112! A pretty good deal for a nice pair of shoes.

12. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We have all moved on guys.... now can RJ save the day with some desiderata?

14. onix

onix Senior member

15. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

16. rabidawg

rabidawg Senior member

17. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Near New Salvatore Ferragamo wingtip Firenze line (*) 8 D - BIN $80 - free shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/320653749815

(*) There is no consensus on quality of Firenze line, but believed to be somewhere between LO and Tramezza. See here for more info and make your own conclusion: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=189861

Whoever got these - let me know if they don't end up working out!

18. toogies80

toogies80 Well-Known Member

Wow. Was not expecting that. Thought it could have been a good not great deal for a size 12. Also shell was Not listed in the title so there was a good possibility they could fly under the radar. Raoul Duke don't be such a HYPOCRITE, below is a post from you from two weeks ago in the Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II for USED ALDEN BLACK SHELL CORDOVAN shoes with a bin of $250 and a reserve that wasn't met over $180. The Alden shells I posted sold for $112 and in my mind were in a lot better condition. So your post asking "What exactly is cool/interesting about a pair of Black BB Shell Longwings?" I would ask you the same. Ironic?

Black Alden Shell Captoes 10.5 B/D:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250758614500

They are not marked as Shell, but there is a reserve. BIN is $250.

19. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

Exactly, that was a BIN and the shell was unmarked. Did you not read anything I wrote? I'm trying to let this go, but you guys are beating a dead horse here.

20. meister

meister Senior member

Exactly, that was a BIN and the shell was unmarked. Did you not read anything I wrote? I'm trying to let this go, but you guys are beating a dead horse here.

[​IMG]

I think enough has been said about this can we move on?