Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Hermes4Citigroup WTF?!

Some joker paid almost $400 for that tacky lot.

3. why18

why18 Senior member

^Might be Women's 8. Ask for measurements before bidding.

Nice find, though!

It is in the women's shoes section anyway.

4. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

5. MalfordOfLondon

6. clausc

clausc Senior member

^ I hate myself for not buying a pair last year for about 250 USD. They are a bit clownish though and I could not see myself wearing them in town. They should be fine for resorts like Aspen or St. Moritz...

7. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

8. LatinStyleLover

LatinStyleLover Senior member

Santoni Shearling Boots

Seller seems to be a bit of a flake. The current auction is a re-list of his previous auction. In that auction he listed the boots as being available in several different sizes, one of which would fit me. I asked him how one would go about bidding on or getting the other pair in my size and he never responded. I sent him a second request after three days and again he did not respond.

Now, I see he has ended that auction, relisted, and has removed the language stating he had other sizes available. I have since messaged him, again, to find out about the other sizes he had listed, if that was a mistake, or does he really have them as I would like to buy a pair if he does. His customer service seems to be to simply ignore any and all questions. So, if the current size listed is YOUR size, and you are inclined to bid, just be aware that this guy seems reluctant to answer even the simplest of questions.

9. MalfordOfLondon

Seller seems to be a bit of a flake. The current auction is a re-list of his previous auction. In that auction he listed the boots as being available in several different sizes, one of which would fit me. I asked him how one would go about bidding on or getting the other pair in my size and he never responded. I sent him a second request after three days and again he did not respond.

Now, I see he has ended that auction, relisted, and has removed the language stating he had other sizes available. I have since messaged him, again, to find out about the other sizes he had listed, if that was a mistake, or does he really have them as I would like to buy a pair if he does. His customer service seems to be to simply ignore any and all questions. So, if the current size listed is YOUR size, and you are inclined to bid, just be aware that this guy seems reluctant to answer even the simplest of questions.

That does sound rather dodgy ^^

10. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

just be aware that this guy seems reluctant to answer even the simplest of questions.

A mystery why this happens - unless a msg is overlooked or something.

11. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

That does sound rather dodgy ^^
    That, and I'm always leery of sellers with pictures that look so professional. If they have tons of feedback with other similar pictures, I will trust them. This guy, however, has 1 feedback and a single studio-looking picture.

12. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

13. NH_Clark

NH_Clark Senior member

14. mxgreen

mxgreen Senior member

It looks like JL Powell is running their remaining stock of Edward Green shoes out on ebay. EG Westminster double monk in Redwood Antique in 11.5/12D on (I believe) 202 last for $650 with free shipping. EG New Market Chelsea boot in Dark Oak Antique in 9.5/10D on 202 last for $835 with free shipping. EG Jodhpur Gresham boot in Edwardian Antique in 10.5/11D on 888 last for $850 with free shipping. EG Galway boot in Dark Oak Antique and Walnut in 11/11.5D on 202 last for $845 with free shipping. EG Banbury chukka boot in Mink suede in size 11/11/5E on 606 last for $800 with free shipping. EG Badminton chukka boot in Chocolate suede in 10/10.5 - unsure of fitting or last - for $800 with free shipping. Returns allowed. I have dealt with them and they are very accommodating.