Cool pictures from different cities

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by drizzt3117, Dec 1, 2004.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Morocco, by air: I like taking pics from planes. [​IMG]

2. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

[​IMG] Sunset - Thumrait, Oman [​IMG] Near Allenheads, Northumberland, UK [​IMG] Home - Officers' Mess, an RAF Station 'somewhere in England'...

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Virobono, that first picture is pretty cool, do you have a higher resolution version?

4. pilgrim

pilgrim Member

[​IMG] This is Pendle Hill - witch country - North West England. [​IMG] This is the forest that grows behind Pendle Hill.

5. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

I have a series of pictures of sunsets at Thumrait. They were taken around 9/11, when I was out there on an exercise which turned into the first ops into Afghanistan. I will dig out a hi-res version and email it to you.

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks. I would appreciate it.

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Wow, great pictures Bjorn and Drizzt.

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I don't know if anyone even looked at the other pictures I posted or not, but here's some more anyways. Since nobody appears to be concerned with posting huge pictures on the thread (always seemed a bit uncouth to me, but whatever) here are some more. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Tokyo Slim thank you for posting those pictures, they are absolutely amazing. Forgive my general disinterest with nature pics, but I think your shots of Japan are wonderful. Makes me wish I would graduate sooner so I can go visit/live there. [​IMG] That very last picture of Tokyo you put up got me practicing my ability to read Japanese, which got me very disappointed when I realized that the only thing I could decipher was the Katakana.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Well since the purpose of the thread was to post pictures, I think people don't mind too much [​IMG] Here are some other cool ones: Three pictures of St. Mark's Square in Venice from diff angles. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] St. Stephen's cathedral in Vienna [​IMG]

11. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

Tokyo - I really like the first one in your last batch. Do you generally do a lot of post-processing on your images ? I like both nature and geometric motives - this one speaks to me on both levels. Interestingly enough, I watched two documentaries last evening, the first was about John Holmes [​IMG] and the latter about Henri Cartier Bresson, who b.t.w. apparently wears H&K shirts. The man was a genious. Two more, from my regular walk in the park one foggy morning: [​IMG] [​IMG] B

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Yeah, I usually tweak color and saturation a little to fit my personal tastes. On that particular photo, I probably also upped the contrast a bit to make the trees in the foreground "pop"... I have a real prejudice against untouched photography.

13. ViroBono

ViroBono Senior member

More Omani sunsets: [​IMG] This one was taken by a friend of mine; I think it's a really impressive picture. [​IMG] Sunset over the antenna farm... [​IMG] The sun sets in about 30 minutes, and then it's very dark indeed.

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, I'm big on sunset pics, I have a few cool ones I'll post later tonight, I have some nice Hawaiian and Parisian sunsets, and one from SF that is neat as well.

15. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Something a bit different: Sedlec ossuary, in Sedlec, Czech Republic. Pretty freaky, and the neat thing was that when we went, we were almost the only ones there. Very similar to the Capuchin crypt in Rome [​IMG]