Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cool non-iPhone Cellular Phones

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by lemmywinks, May 9, 2010.

1. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

What's the best smartphone that has real buttons/keyboard? I can't handle texting with a touchscreen.

Um, any Blackberry? I like the Bold2.

2. loveswatching

loveswatching Senior member

I am probably gonna order the HTC evo but having second thoughts due to its bulky frame. Verizon Incredible sits much better but the plans are expensive.

3. bkk

bkk Senior member

Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

4. StylenotFashion

StylenotFashion Senior member

I just picked up the HTC Droid Incredible...

and guess what....

Livin the Dream

5. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

Its being worked on being ported right now. So as long as your G1 is rooted you will be good to go. Otherwise, buy a new phone, that sucker is ooooooold

6. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

7. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

[​IMG]

Why would you recommend this phone? or any Sony Ericsson to anybody?

I have the Satio myself and it is in theory a great phone but neglect from Sony Ericsson is frustrating Satio (and all SE phone) customers all over the world. I wouldn't recommend the Satio or any SE phone to anybody. [​IMG]

8. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

So you've picked up an iPhone 3GS in the same month everyone believes the new model will be announced? Wouldn't say it was good timing.

9. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I needed a new phone. Not really a huge fan of the 4G because of how it looks but we'll see. There's also that whole data plan thing.

10. Szeph el raton

So is there any real difference between the HTC Desire and the Nexus One? HTC Desire has the Sense UI but what else? I'm thinking about picking up the Desire because my WindowsMobile phone is driving me nuts and I just can't get myself to jump into the iPhone 4 hype (in addition, the iPhone will be more than twice the price of the HTC).

HTC Evo looks nice but I'm not seeing how it could benefit me as the 3G connections already are shit where I live.

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Like nobody has seriously recommended the Droid? Are you kidding? I like using my Droid better than the iPhone.

12. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

13. needler

needler Senior member

Nokia n8 http://events.nokia.com/NokiaN8/ insane. In the fall...
    Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

14. Szeph el raton

Plus I'm less than enthusiastic about the screen resolution of 640x360 pixel. That's outdated in my opinion and not really that awesome to surf the web.

15. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

Yep symbian 3. I like my symbian stuff on my e71