• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool leather shoes/boots?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really want to get some nice leather shoes for the night scene. I have plenty of decent leather shoes that are more conservative/professional (i.e. Allen Edmonds) in cap-toe and wing-tip, but nothing that looks good with jeans. I have never had non-conservative leather shoes/boots and do not know where to start.

Of course, I'm not looking to spend too much money here. No more than $200. They do not have to be great quality - I just want them to look nice. I don't even know where to look, but everything I see in NY is either crazy expensive like Varvatos or kind of cheap looking like Zara. Is there a middle ground? I did see some decent boots at Diesel but they were sold out and overpriced anyway. Any guidance at all is much appreciated.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do a search for club shoes in the forum that had some decent shoes for jeans in it

gqcao

Reaction score

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chelsea boots usually work well, in either brown or black, I've had good luck with italian shoes such as Santonis, some Gucci/Prada, maybe Ferragamo. The question is whether you want to wear nice shoes out to clubs etc because they can get thrashed. Lately I've been wearing some AE shoes from time to time and my Moreschi and some other monkstraps and they seem to work fairly well. The AE shoes were worn in when I bought them and I antiqued them to give them a nice patina, look good with the right stuff IMO.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sick, those boots are fugly dude,

prozach1576

Reaction score
Kenneth Cole Reaction makes a lot of ankle boots that are inexpensive and good looking.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arethusa you beat me to the punch

Say No to Kenneth Cole? Wait, you mean Square Toes Arent Cool?! Damn!

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be entirely fair, Kenneth Cole New York does occasionally make reasonable and even decent designs (these are usually copied from much better designers), and the quality in the New York like isn't always awful. But for what you pay for a Kenneth Cole New York shoe, you can get something much better with some judicious shopping (CT, RMW, etc). The Reaction line, however, is unrelenting garbage. As a general rule, just avoid Kenneth Cole altogether. You'll pay far too much money for far too much crap.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by masqueofhastur
http://www.northerner.com/html/ker-shoes_172.html These look pretty cool. Damned if I can think of any clothes to go with them though.
I think this would:
CursiveHood.jpg
rotflmao.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads