• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool ideas for building a two story loft?

BlacKidLA

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently graduated from college and moved back in with my parents to save up money before I move out for good.

Right now we're in the process of cleaning out our garage (which, for the past 15 years, has basically been a storage unit). My dad suggested that we make it a project to turn it into my own loft to live in until I move out.

The space is about 700 sq ft + another 700sq ft on the soon-to-be built 2nd story, so basically I'm working with a 1400sqft 2 story square.

I want the bottom floor to be made for entertaining/kitchen/bathroom that my friends and I will all hang in and watch the games/mess around while the 2nd story will be my bedroom.

I was wondering if any of you creative minds out there have any sweet and relatively inexpensive ideas I can incorporate in this project. I'm also thinking about making the roof accessible.

Thanks!

Last edited:

BlacKidLA

Reaction score
None?
puzzled.gif

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
I would suggest a wet bar downstairs, if space allows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads