• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I ordered a linen bed set from this company on etsy, Im quite pleased with a 100% linen duvet/pillow cases. Much comfort.

I've thought about giving linen a try...that etsy shop looks reasonable. Might try a duvet cover, and stick with a cotton fitted sheet under it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I ordered a linen bed set from this company on etsy, Im quite pleased with a 100% linen duvet/pillow cases. Much comfort.

Thanks for the recomendation. I've seen several of these shops on Etsy selling linen bedding but never know if they make a good product or not.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a quilt show at the Mitchner last weekend and might be still going. I usually make my donation whenever I'm in Doylestown and spend a quiet moment in the Nakashima room.

It was not exactly a millennial crowd...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
His gorgeous Superleggera chair:

229_2.jpg

His blegh take on the folding chair:

Compared to:

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the desk. :(

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carlo di Carli.

Gianfranco Fronttini

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Assuming the use of quality fabric, natural filling, and amount of time required to quilt by hand, I'm not sure why there's such incredulity about the price of the quilts. I wouldn't pay it, but if I were rich, I would certainly consider it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to this interview with her, the designs are printed digitally on cotton fabric.

http://www.dwell.com/profiles/article/designer-spotlight-meg-callahan

Callahan's quilts are a combination of handcrafts and digital technology. "It begins with me sketching, sketching, sketching," she says. "I try to find something interesting and unique and work out the visuals by hand." After that, Callahan uses a computer to figure out all of the exact measurements and dimensions. She then sends the file to a printer who applies that pattern to a piece of 100-percent cotton fabric. Then, the printed fabric is joined with batting and another layer of material and sewn on a computer-controlled machine—"It's like a CNC mill for sewing," she explains.

There is some hand work but a computer controlled machine is also involved in the sewing process.

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

According to this interview with her, the designs are printed digitally on cotton fabric.

http://www.dwell.com/profiles/article/designer-spotlight-meg-callahan
There is some hand work but a computer controlled machine is also involved in the process.

Only the cheaper ones are printed, which sell through a couple retailers like Matter Matters. Prices for those are only a few hundred dollars.

The ones I posted are not printed and are quilted in the traditional manner.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah. Guess that makes more sense. Still think $3K is a lot to spend on one of these, but I guess if you have the money go for it and hang it on your wall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads