• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Octobab

Reaction score

Octobab

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations from this thread for end tables to go in our living room. The furniture they will be surrounding is a large couch and chair-and-a-half, both molasses leather. The other pieces in the room are mid-grey R&B swivel chairs, a glass R&B coffee table, and some walnut colored wood pieces from Organic Modernism. Room is painted in an off-white and has a large fireplace that has some black marble and gold trim. We want them to be big enough to house a table lamp but still have ample room for guests to put a drink/magazine. Also must balance with size of couch (96"): https://www.westelm.com/products/dekalb-leather-sofa-h271/

Some thoughts:
  • Glass open up space visually, but is loud when placing things on it. We also have young children that can be destructive.
  • Marble is resiliant but we are worried about it making the room feel too "heavy." Also the area rug in the room is a lgiht grey, so white marble might be too close in color?
  • Wood is an option, but the room already has several wood pieces so we don't want to overdo that element
  • Leather would be quiet and hard for kids to break, but the couch is leather so we aren't sure if that would look odd
I'm at a loss. Everything I envision there looks weird in my mind.

Nails on a chalkboard > ceramics and glassware on a glass tabletop

IDK the general stylings of your space, so this might be too modern, but if you want something transparent to 'keep the space open', have you considered acrylic?

1642698888146.png

1642698913865.png

brokencycle

Reaction score
Paperstone is a cool product. We took a look at it, but the estimate was silly high, so we didn't look too closely.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paperstone is a cool product. We took a look at it, but the estimate was silly high, so we didn't look too closely.

Would have been for us too, but we found what we needed on the discount site - we got pieces that were 1mm thinner than normal, hence rejected for sale at standard prices. But 1mm made no difference to us!

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations for cOoL rugs?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This porridge is too hot

Octobab

Reaction score
Any recommendations for cOoL rugs?

If you're ever in downtown Manhattan, John Derian Dry Goods on 2nd st has a cool collection of rugs, textiles, disserata, etc. Might be worth a swing-through if you're looking for something kind of opulent/oriental/etc

Also they have one of these boys, which I keep trying to talk myself out of:

1642732372401.png

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to make rug suggestions without keying in on what styles/types you are looking for.

I've been leaning pretty Scandi for lack of any talent at this interior design thing and in the interest of checking boxes quicker. I just picked this up for my bedroom.

1642734229190.png

I'll need a larger rug (5 x 8 or so) for the living room, for which I'm leaning similarly neutral, but i'm open to fUn iDeAs™.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been leaning pretty Scandi for lack of any talent at this interior design thing and in the interest of checking boxes quicker. I just picked this up for my bedroom.

View attachment 1740868

I'll need a larger rug (5 x 8 or so) for the living room, for which I'm leaning similarly neutral, but i'm open to fUn iDeAs™.
Dunno, man. You've rejected some pretty fun ideas already. :)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 1740868

Check our Nordic Knots. They have a nice selection of rugs in the style you are looking for. Reasonable pricing too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads