• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first impression is that there are too many shelves on the Vitsoe plan. There isn't much breathing room around the TV and the more shelves you have the more you will fill them up which might give your space more of a cramped feel. Maybe ask her for an alternate with a more open feel?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to understand how next level Atlas is until you get to touch it. Ask for materials samples and the 2” sample of steel is a beautiful object on its own. Heavy AF.

it’s a big investment though and quasi impossible to install yourself.

String is the opposite: affordable and easy to install. They have a DIY design module on their site if you want to try to see what you’d do on your wall. Use A+R instead of DWR if you’re going to buy a string (unless you get some sort of big discount at DWR)

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I, myself, is stuck between String or a 606 knockoff/inspired by collection

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I recently bought some String shelving and am pleased with it. Was easy to install and feels high quality. Still waiting on some cabinet pieces I ordered to come in or I’d post pics.

Went with oak shelves and black floor panels.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the look of string system in general but also feel that the wall panels have this cheap Amazon look?

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gld203 who did you use for this? Looking to do something similar.
Used Shutterfly for the 20x30 print (cheap) and used our local frame shop to frame it (not cheap)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the look of string system in general but also feel that the wall panels have this cheap Amazon look?

Not at all. It's beautiful shelving in person.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm… yea I don’t get that comment. Did Amazon knock off string’s mid century design and are we wondering if the original now looks like the knockoff? ?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for a sofa or sectional. Are there any secrets of the experienced that anyone can give me up front? E.g. all furniture is roughly the same quality, same maker, this is where to get wholesale etc.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got my stool. For now it will live next to my weirdo umbrella holder.
20211215_160736.jpg
20211215_160731.jpg

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pictures from my class exhibit with a couple favorites out of the stuff I've created the past months.

2021_1215_20515900_2.jpg

Sculpture made out of stainless steel and wood, base is 20x20cm and hand planed.

2021_1215_20475800.jpg

Kids bench inspired by The Three Billy Goats Gruff, made out of around 300 pieces of 4mm stainless steel rod welded together and then painted. 120x30x30cm and can be used both upright, turned 90 degrees away for back and arm support, or turned upside down for curved seat and arm rests.

2021_1215_20330200.jpg

2021_1215_21141800.jpg

Candlelight holder made out of steel in various dimensions, with a moveable arm you can place at any angle to have it either be 60cm long or 60cm tall (or anywhere in-between). Internal holder for matchstick box and additional lights easily accessible from one of the sides. All the pieces were then heated with gas and coated in linseed oil to get the traditional black finish.

Usonian

Reaction score
Some pictures from my class exhibit with a couple favorites out of the stuff I've created the past months.

Sculpture made out of stainless steel and wood, base is 20x20cm and hand planed.

Kids bench inspired by The Three Billy Goats Gruff, made out of around 300 pieces of 4mm stainless steel rod welded together and then painted. 120x30x30cm and can be used both upright, turned 90 degrees away for back and arm support, or turned upside down for curved seat and arm rests
Candlelight holder made out of steel in various dimensions, with a moveable arm you can place at any angle to have it either be 60cm long or 60cm tall (or anywhere in-between). Internal holder for matchstick box and additional lights easily accessible from one of the sides. All the pieces were then heated with gas and coated in linseed oil to get the traditional black finish.

what on earth is this class you've been taking? the bench and the candle holder are particularly exquisite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads