• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
That was great.
The couple that built my home in 69 were big fans. They put 4 in. I kept two in the great room, one being a 120A.

I've always thought they look like beautiful dust magnets. How is it keeping them clean?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always thought they look like beautiful dust magnets. How is it keeping them clean?
It's pretty simple, actually.

In your case you can even use the tool you already have! :smile:

akari.jpg

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No noticeable dust build up on them. simple dusting. Only thing the cable above, have to break out a large ladder to reach.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
anybody sat on these? or have experience with the brand? Branca "Aya" chair.

1620848465927.png

1620848578295.png

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great little work area. Yes, it’s a stool

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Paint?

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chinese lacquer from the Qing Dynasty?

Hohoho - A nice laugh at ole Ge’s expense. Fair perhaps — but life isn’t fair, so this an irrelevant criterion.

If you look at the very top shelf, you’ll see the edges are razor thin. It doesn’t look like it’s a part of the original shelf. So my Q to @Bromley is that plywood or particle board or what? Also what’s the point of that structural beam in the center — is it to take the additional load? Nobody here knows the slightest thing about furniture except for the B man. If I’m totally off base, however, I’m man enough to take my comeuppance.

But not from you. Not like this.

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, looks like a regular painted wall to me. I think what you're seeing as thin edges on the shelves is probably just a finely-shaped edge profile on the wood. If they did use plywood for the shelves, they almost definitely would have wrapped the edges with solid wood anyway.

I don't know how they were building houses in Ecuador in the 1950s, but that bit of wall that sticks out is probably a structural or otherwise utilitarian part of the building. Just a guess. When you inset anything into a wall you've got to work around the building part of the building. It's a lovely space. Couldn't find any other pictures of the house online. I want to see the ceiling.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno, looks like a regular painted wall to me. I think what you're seeing as thin edges on the shelves is probably just a finely-shaped edge profile on the wood. If they did use plywood for the shelves, they almost definitely would have wrapped the edges with solid wood anyway.

I don't know how they were building houses in Ecuador in the 1950s, but that bit of wall that sticks out is probably a structural or otherwise utilitarian part of the building. Just a guess. When you inset anything into a wall you've got to work around the building part of the building. It's a lovely space. Couldn't find any other pictures of the house online. I want to see the ceiling.
Haven’t found much either. I think the villa is now known as the Villa Schiller Kohn

1027CAA2-6B62-4E86-8969-1B532EB45903.jpeg
14FFC0E8-29A2-4EFD-9AD9-23DE5326164D.jpeg
31F3CFBC-B754-46C6-9838-0166362A5F6E.jpeg
773FD328-874D-4604-A8EB-36D59D5B27B4.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads