• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a post-pandemic project i think i might try to organize a retrospective for an artist whose work should probably be better known.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And then there’s this little ****.

Why does this thread attract so much human garbage?
Wow, talk about completely unhinged.

Uhhh...let me guess...is it because the rest of us aren't as special as you are, is that it???

Cue up the further 40 pages of foo-pompous intellectual wilderness.

The thread was much better prior to your constant commandeering of it, and then your sycophant tipped the garbage way past the angle of repose. Seriously, nobody can posit a single viewpoint that you do not challenge ad nauseum if it doesn't stroke you and your pretensions, followed by your typical barrage of insults. It's beyond tedious; it's truly pathetic.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
as a post-pandemic project i think i might try to organize a retrospective for an artist whose work should probably be better known.
Good on you.
Who, and where, if you can share the name and place?

That discussion would likely be much more interesting than any of the preceding.

PS: I have been meaning to ask: what is the image in your avatar?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Da Vinci.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's spring and I totally dig the Boullourec for Hay Palisade collection, expecially this sexy lounger :inlove:

View attachment 1591672
View attachment 1591673
View attachment 1591674
That piece/collection is OK to great.
The pieces with arms are awkward-clunky imo; the table and armless chairs/bench very good; the lounge the jewel.

The lounge needs a lot of visual space around it though; even better a good simple background so that the floating aspect really reads.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, nobody else but the child himself brought the child into the discussion, then doubling down on the claim that "she made an astute observation" while employing her as an unwitting pawn to promote the new Potts. Definitely weird.

Most (normal) parents just want the kid to finish the ******* mac and cheese and get on with the rest of their day.
Wow, talk about completely unhinged.

Uhhh...let me guess...is it because the rest of us aren't as special as you are, is that it???

Cue up the further 40 pages of foo-pompous intellectual wilderness.

The thread was much better prior to your constant commandeering of it, and then your sycophant tipped the garbage way past the angle of repose. Seriously, nobody can posit a single viewpoint that you do not challenge ad nauseum if it doesn't stroke you and your pretensions, followed by your typical barrage of insults. It's beyond tedious; it's truly pathetic.

I posted about an antique dish and my daughter’s experience using a spoon. Since then, you and others have unleashed a barrage of attacks on my parenting and my daughter’s mental abilities.

There is real sickness here, which I’ve come to expect. But that others seem to be okay with it is really quite disappointing.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good on you.
Who, and where, if you can share the name and place?

That discussion would likely be much more interesting than any of the preceding.

PS: I have been meaning to ask: what is the image in your avatar?

i'd come into a few pieces and the more time i spent with them i began to realize the work was special and really good. unfortunately the artist died some time ago, and somehow in the course of my poking around i could see how his work fit into a bigger, surprisingly vibrant circle (maybe even a school)

and so i started meeting and buying from his contemporaries, and i'd talk about how i found them and they'd light up at hearing old friends' names, and i felt i could really begin to see the current, and also where i might start sourcing and collating and shaping an exhibit. if that dig yields the quality of the work that i already have it would be a lot of fun i think and it would be just awesome to kick some of that enthusiasm into the future. we will see.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Foo’s contributions. He has always posted interesting items and argues passionately for them. The Song Dynasty dish is one of the most interesting things posted in this thread for months, and the Carl Pott cutlery was good too. He stimulates discussion, in contrast to the “cool **** bro” brigade who never get beyond an unthinking gut response — “I like that”/“I don’t like this”. Yes he’s abrasive and sometimes a bad sport, but who really cares — it’s part of the fun.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is real sickness here

I will not sit in a seat on the subway that someone just got up from. Unless a beautiful woman. For some reason, that makes it okay.

You sit down on the subway. The seat is conspicuously warm.

1. It is warm because a sweaty fat man flatulated excessively.

2. It is warm because a pretty young woman sat there on her long ride home.

I dare you to claim it matters not which is true.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I stand by all of that 100%.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stand by all of that 100%.
There is real sickness here

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't attacking you or your daughter. I don't give a **** about your kid even if she is the next Mozart, Curie, and Angelou wrapped into one.

What I was saying is that your story reads almost perfectly like the bullshit stories people post about their kids on the internet. If it happened, great. If it didn't, great.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't attacking you or your daughter. I don't give a **** about your kid even if she is the next Mozart, Curie, and Angelou wrapped into one.

What I was saying is that your story reads almost perfectly like the bullshit stories people post about their kids on the internet. If it happened, great. If it didn't, great.

So, I’m a liar now? I mean, come on.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'd come into a few pieces and the more time i spent with them i began to realize the work was special and really good. unfortunately the artist died some time ago, and somehow in the course of my poking around i could see how his work fit into a bigger, surprisingly vibrant circle (maybe even a school)

and so i started meeting and buying from his contemporaries, and i'd talk about how i found them and they'd light up at hearing old friends' names, and i felt i could really begin to see the current, and also where i might start sourcing and collating and shaping an exhibit. if that dig yields the quality of the work that i already have it would be a lot of fun i think and it would be just awesome to kick some of that enthusiasm into the future. we will see.
?

Good luck.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Bro. This is the internet. What the **** do you think people do here?

I don’t lie or misrepresent myself. Those online who know me in person can vouch.

Honestly, I don’t understand the point in creating a fake persona and fake experiences. It’s like cheating on a practice test.

I just enjoy connecting with people and exploring ideas and interests together. That requires honesty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads