• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
NFTs are objectively and indisputably the most stupid pieces of tacky, tedious crap ever produced.

They’re just means by which to validate digital assets. How can they be “tacky, tedious crap”?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone’s jealous that someone else managed to sell some work...
Sounds like some insufferably tedious pompous unabashed attention-whore clown has no clue as to what he's talking about, on so many levels, yet again.

But, hey, keep desperately cross-posting daily the same old/plus new stupid images of that watch, over and over, lad. Until you find a new bone to blabber on about, of course. You might even eventually reach your pathetic dream of accumulating whatever the equivalent of $512,000 (or at least until you hit $60K worth) in StyFo thumbs-ups is, if you get lucky and then tweak the math to your advantage.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds like some insufferably tedious pompous unabashed attention-whore clown has no clue as to what he's talking about, on so many levels, yet again.

But, hey, keep desperately cross-posting daily the same old/plus new stupid images of that watch, over and over, lad. Until you find a new bone to blabber on about, of course. You might even eventually reach your pathetic dream of accumulating whatever the equivalent of $512,000 (or at least until you hit $60K worth) in StyFo thumbs-ups is, if you get lucky and then tweak the math to your advantage.

Struck a nerve, I see. Don’t worry, man. Things will pick-up for you.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NFTs are objectively and indisputably the most stupid pieces of tacky, tedious crap ever produced.
Well, give the NFT "artworks" at least some credit.

They might very well be tied for that title by those hideous wall-mounted plastic planters, the J-MB(Estate)boards, and other various tacky, tedious crap "cool? design? desiderata? visual adornments" which always so sadly populate the walls, floors, and mind of a certain poster's (aka "tastemaker") apartment....

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, give the NFTs at least some credit.

They might be tied for that title by those hideous wall-mounted planters, the J-MB(Estate)boards, and other various tacky tedious "cool? design? desiderata? visual adornments" which sadly populate the walls, floors, and mind of a certain poster's (aka "tastemaker") apartment....

Flattered you think I’m a tastemaker! I was beginning to think you didn’t like me.

Struck a nerve, again, I see. Don’t worry, son. GE will be by soon to pick-up [sic] for you.

“Son”? Lol. By my estimation, I’m about 20 years older than you.

Hope you nail down that DWR summer job!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got this neat 11-12th century Song Dynasty qingbai plate to use for tea. Remarkably good condition with small chips around the brim, but no cracks.

20F1BB23-B35B-462D-A2CD-6F1DB5C5557C.jpeg

797078D1-524D-4329-89CA-9C0C2C9AA8CE.jpeg

52455509-E80A-4566-8F57-69D5E1202427.jpeg

6121F53E-9FB6-49B6-BEE2-52AF998E8AA8.jpeg

087E33B9-9450-4BF3-9A8F-D0B5305DB0B2.jpeg

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That is actually very nice. Where did you get it from?

An antique dealer in Austria.

The most interesting thing about these qingbai pieces is that they aren’t that rare. By the 10-11th century in the Song Dynasty, porcelain and ceramics of high quality were already being mass-produced. This little dish is one of millions made at the time and was likely used by a peasant family. They now get dug up from the ground fairly regularly. Sometimes random antique dishes and bowls are still found being used. It’s a testament to the technology and workmanship of the time that these ceramics have survived for a millennium often looking virtually new.

Happily, due to sheer quantity and the fact that the Chinese themselves do not consider ordinary peasant ware of any particular artistic or archaeological value, prices are quite reasonable. Obviously it would be a different story if looking at Imperial pieces from the same time period, in which case you’d have to pay tens of millions for a tiny bowl.

In Chinese tea tradition, very old implements are highly prized. Qing Dynasty zisha teapots are obviously a focus, but so are Song or Ming Dynasty porcelain dishes and bowls for use as tea boats.

Last edited:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone’s jealous that someone else managed to sell some work ...

I think what really what got V this time is the non-zero chance that I may get very own SF column in which I report gonzo style on Foo adventures that are based around interesting material objects that he owns.

I may think that house looks trashy but it is no different than videogame DLC. Something digital that has worth to only a few. This current digital art boom, NFT, reminds me of the Final Fantasy XIV housing crisis: Bloomberg, "there's a housing crisis looming in final fantasy xiv" that was such a big thing years back and it only getting seriously improved this year with the newest expansion.

IMHE, seems a bit more like the Second Life Housing crash where everybody lost their shirts. After the rubble cleared, I became a nomad, traveling land to land as a mendicant with a robot buddy of mine. We had a lot of great philosophical and economic conservations, and he'd always wait for me whenever I visited brothels. I was ACTUALLY A LOT HAPPIER AFTER THE CRASH. Mainly because I sold at the top of the market and converted almost all that funny money into greenbacks.

How do you know Foo x-poasts the same watch? U watching him?

Hope you nail down that DWR summer job!

C'mon Foo, V is floor manager material and you know it.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flattered you think I’m a tastemaker! I was beginning to think you didn’t like me.
Well, lessee...besides getting the first and second parts entirely wrong (you being the you who adores flattery and ergo thinks and proselytizes endlessly that you're a "tastemaker", although presumably your alter-clown also thinks the same of you), you definitely got the third part entirely correct. Bright side: 33% correct is a pretty damned fooing good improvement over your normal!

“Son”? Lol. By my estimation, I’m about 20 years older than you.
So literal, as always. It's not really only an age-related term, lad, and while I have no idea regarding your typically ridic "age-estimation analytical presumptive powers" please...do not tell us more....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics