• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He’s going to help time my laps around the race track and then go skateboarding with me afterward. #authenticbrodate
Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere on the forvm, but have you done track days with the 911?

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you're getting a good monthly rate out of Foo for all the real estate he takes up in your brain.
1618021219164.png

It’s just over the line into hype man territory.
Your assessment aside for a moment...what's your inference?

He’s going to help time my laps around the race track and then go skateboarding with me afterward. #authenticbrodate
I know you're 99% joking, but if the 1% of you that's not booked this on a Sunday, I would do it. @LA Guy, if this went down, would you give me space on the site to do a think piece on it and let me expense dinner? (GE spots are all sub $100-120: no wine allowed even on my business tabs to burnish my Cato the Elder image, but acqua frizzante is called for on special occasions, and this would be a special occasion).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1590517

I know you're 99% joking, but if the 1% of you that's not booked this on a Sunday, I would do it. @LA Guy, if this went down, would you give me space on the site to do a think piece on it and let me expense dinner? (GE spots are all sub $100-120: no wine allowed even on my business tabs to burnish my Cato the Elder image, but acqua frizzante is called for on special occasions, and this would be a special occasion).
I have only the vaguest idea of what you are talking about.

In any case, unfortunately, I'm going to have to decline your offer at this time. I never commit to anyone whose identity I do not know IRL, and I prefer to have met them face-to-face and taken the measure of the man. Maybe some time in the post-pandemic future.

If you guys decide to do whatever it is you are doing anyway, though, and post some an interesting story with cool pictures, I'll definitely ask our content manager to feature your post.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't unsee skateboards.
Ridiculously overpriced watch posed in front of licensed reproductions of modern art.

"Authenticity" indeed.
Whatever. I just think a concept of "authenticity" that is limited to a certificate is dull as dishwater.

Yeahbut...for all we know those are both really legit authentic very special pieces, perhaps part of some uber-rarified B3GO LE venture, natch offered on the q.t. only to the most certificated conceited and condescending crown-craving self-anointed "tastemakers" constantly denizening that market.

...fauxthentidiocy....jpg

Perhaps Foo meant that photo ironically and I missed the joke?
Love the irony, but we all know full well there is not a single chance on the entirety of StyFo's collective ancestors' ancient **** of that actually being the case.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? Someone just paid half a million dollars for a Magic the Gathering card, that doesn't make MtG high art, and the fact that other people are willing to pay more than the inflated price Rolex charges for its products doesn't make it anything more than a mass market brand with a big marketing budget.
No kidding.

Look at the absolute crap occurring in art/architecture/design with vacuous digital concoctions being sold as NFTs. It's absurd. A completely uninteresting, terribly executed, and absolute re-hash rendered "first NFT-backed digital home" sold for US $512,000 the other week. Obscene is not only the money wasted, but even more so the utter incompetence and banality of the entire effort/enterprise.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I guess I could infer that you're Flavor Flav and he's Chuck D, but the evidence suggests that would be incorrect.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I could infer that you're Flavor Flav and he's Chuck D, but the evidence suggests that would be incorrect.
Yes, love 'em or hate 'em Flavor Flav and Chuck D are certainly far too high and uniquely individual yet integral a standard. Not even close.

I'd think more along the lines of ineffectively cross-bred, mutually confusing, never evolving, ever-static push-pull Januses (Janices?) like Batbin and Roman, or sim, if I were interested in thinking on it much more than this.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the irony, but we all know full well there is not a single chance on the entirety of StyFo's collective ancestors' ancient **** of that actually being the case.

So, you think I actually skateboard with the Basquiat boards on my wall and that I actually use my Daytona to time race laps?

However rarely I may elect to be ironic, you seem to find frequent enough occasion to be a ******* moron.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No kidding.

Look at the absolute crap occurring in art/architecture/design with vacuous digital concoctions being sold as NFTs. It's absurd. A completely uninteresting, terribly executed, and absolute re-hash rendered "first NFT-backed digital home" sold for US $512,000 the other week. Obscene is not only the money wasted, but even more so the utter incompetence and banality of the entire effort/enterprise.

Sounds like someone’s jealous that someone else managed to sell some work ...

Last edited:

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may think that house looks trashy but it is no different than videogame DLC. Something digital that has worth to only a few. This current digital art boom, NFT, reminds me of the Final Fantasy XIV housing crisis: Bloomberg, "there's a housing crisis looming in final fantasy xiv" that was such a big thing years back and it only getting seriously improved this year with the newest expansion.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like someone’s jealous that someone else managed to sell some work ...

NFTs are objectively and indisputably the most stupid pieces of tacky, tedious crap ever produced.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics