• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In your experience, do people only speak and socialize to attract attention? Sounds like a pretty vapid existence to me.
Dude. You can't let anything said about you go without a response. And typically it's a verbose one. And almost all but assured to be pretentious. But yes. You don't care what people think about you. Literally not at all.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also today's lesson in heterosexuality: you should rush to immediately occupy a seat that a woman (at least 7.5 thanks) because you might get the faintest wisp of a vapor from her vajeen.

I literally have no idea how sitting after a chick on the subway is meaningful, either in your germophobic or sexual outlook. But thankfully you don't care what others think about you so surely you won't try to explain yourself.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dude. You can't let anything said about you go without a response. And typically it's a verbose one. And almost all but assured to be pretentious. But yes. You don't care what people think about you. Literally not at all.
Also today's lesson in heterosexuality: you should rush to immediately occupy a seat that a woman (at least 7.5 thanks) because you might get the faintest wisp of a vapor from her vajeen.

I literally have no idea how sitting after a chick on the subway is meaningful, either in your germophobic or sexual outlook. But thankfully you don't care what others think about you so surely you won't try to explain yourself.

Am I pretentious or are you just an idiot?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a straight male and this isn’t true for you, maybe you are at least somewhat less straight than you thought.

tptasOn.jpeg

Wat

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You sit down on the subway. The seat is conspicuously warm.

1. It is warm because a sweaty fat man flatulated excessively.

2. It is warm because a pretty young woman sat there on her long ride home.

I dare you to claim it matters not which is true.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean dude, last time I took the Express to Downtown Manhattan I didn't spend the trip checking out the one girl seated and determine if she was hot enough for me to sit after her.

I know realize I need to cruise some bathhouses.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean dude, last time I took the Express to Downtown Manhattan I didn't spend the trip checking out the one girl seated and determine if she was hot enough for me to sit after her.

I know realize I need to cruise some bathhouses.

I hope you are the only one here stupid enough to have understood me this way.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes!!! Now we’re talking! This is the most interesting thing anyone’s said in this discussion. 100 Foo points!

However, the problem I see is that the taper of the handle demands a hand of a certain size and positioned in a certain way for optimal fit and control. Otherwise, you can easily find yourself having to grip where it is too thin and lose stability. It doesn’t mean dribbling food all over the place but certainly some tapers will be more comfortable to use for certain people than others.

The advantage of a uniform width is that you can grab the handle anywhere and still get the same level of stability and grip.
Obviously I haven't done research on this, but I suspect that the uniform width is uniformly suboptimal for all users. Also obvious is that function is not the only consideration when buying functional objects.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever considered anything other than the previous occupant's apparent hygiene when deciding whether to sit in a newly available seat.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No one thinks you spend your train rides eyefucking girls before sitting after them.

But everyone thinks you expressing that you only sit in seats on the train after a hot girl does is creepy as ****. (And doubling down on it even more so).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure I've ever considered anything other than the previous occupant's apparent hygiene when deciding whether to sit in a newly available seat.

I generally avoid newly available seats, regardless of who’s sat in them. I don’t like feeling the warmth of a stranger, even indirectly. That said, if I must, I’d rather it be the warmth of a human being I find attractive than one I find unattractive. Obviously, hygiene is part of that equation.

I do not seek out seats vacated by attractive women—to clarify the ridiculous for the less intellectually abled.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sit down on the subway. The seat is conspicuously warm.

1. It is warm because a sweaty fat man flatulated excessively.

2. It is warm because a pretty young woman sat there on her long ride home.

I dare you to claim it matters not which is true.

You're moving the goal posts. In your post that I replied to, you implied that sitting down in a seat under Scenario #1 means you are "less straight" somehow. That's what I disagree with. What I don't disagree with is which one might be more acceptable, especially if someone is farting all over it, sweaty fat man or not.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You're moving the goal posts. In your post that I replied to, you implied that sitting down in a seat under Scenario #1 means you are "less straight" somehow. That's what I disagree with.

I’m saying have no preference between #1 or #2 implies many things.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I generally avoid newly available seats, regardless of who’s sat in them. I don’t like feeling the warmth of a stranger, even indirectly. That said, if I must, I’d rather it be the warmth of a human being I find attractive than one I find unattractive. Obviously, hygiene is part of that equation.

I do not seek out seats vacated by attractive women—to clarify the ridiculous for the less intellectually abled.
This is definitely how someone who doesn't care what people think about him posts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads