• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How many more times are we going to have a discussion about literally anything where someone disagrees with you and you accuse them of making it personal while simultaneously using ad hominem arguments?

"**** your flag halyard chair"
"**** your vitsoe 606"
etc.

not meant as an insult... just hope you realize some of your own taste falls in that 99%.

Sputnik lamps have become "normie," though, so maybe they don't actually belong on that blog. Seems like they're in every flip house now.

No, you idiots. The point is that “**** Your Noguchi Table” is an empty critique, not that my things are somehow exempt—they are not. Anything anyone likes that has become valuable/expensive is a target. Hence, its aim is actually to attack the people who buy the things (i.e. people with money), not the things themselves. And then you ******* morons cheer it on—while buying the **** it makes fun of! Because you think when you buy an Eames lounge chair or Noguchi table, you are somehow being more tasteful than the rich people who buy them. Same as when you make fun of DWR and then turnaround to ask about Arco lamps without missing a beat.

I quite like Eames lounge chairs, Noguchi tables, and Arco lamps.

Pathetic.

How does it feel to know your entire life's motivation has been short man syndrome?

And there it is! Doesn’t this qualify as hate speech these days? Moderator?

Do I have a syndrome because I’m a short man or do you have a problem with me being short? Are successful women all angry bitches to you? Are wealthy black men too “uppity” for your taste? Is there a “fat man syndrome” diagnosis for confident obese people?

You know, they say Napoleon had “short man syndrome”. But here are two things I know: (1) he was wildly successful (until he wasn’t) and (2) plenty of other leaders/conquerors in history did what he did and yet nobody assumes they were motivated by a syndrome related to their physique.

The simpler truth is that folks like you don’t like seeing others do better than you when you think they are somehow inferior.

How does it feel to know your entire character is founded on insecurity and bigotry?

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
TheFoo reminds me of a peasant that believes he is a noble, without any chivalry. Imagine Don Quixote was a peasant, and when he lost his mind he went on a shitposting rampage instead of quixotic adventures.

So, on top of my height, you have an issue with my perceived social class. Fun stuff.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a whiff of racial undertones here? All this fixation on social class and being short—those sorts of prejudices really are no better than ones based on skin color and can easily serve as proxies for racism. After all, the same folks like to make fun of Chinese art and tea.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many more times are we going to have a discussion about literally anything where someone disagrees with you and you accuse them of making it personal while simultaneously using ad hominem arguments?

Hold the phone. Omega personally attacks Foo, and then Foo is accused of making things personally? Also, his arguments are NOT AD HOMINEM. He made a personal swipe at Omega, after having been PERSONALLY ATTACKED, but this was separate from his powerful, irresistible inferences he set forth in his argument. WE WERE ALL KEYNEYSIANS, BUT WE ARE ALL PLEBS NOW111111

Also, the whole stature ridicule is ridiculous and borderline racist given THE CONTEXT of the posts. THIS IS AD HOMINEM111111 This is not lost upon dutiful readers of this forum such as I.

You guys might like this song (I'm cross-posting it in What Are You Listening to Lately?). Hint: it's supposed to be satire because hating on somebody because of there height is the height of absurdity:

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a whiff of racial undertones here? All this fixation on social class and being short—those sorts of prejudices really are no better than ones based on skin color and can easily serve as proxies for racism. After all, the same folks like to make fun of Chinese art and tea.

I wrote the above the same exact time you did. I just had to copy and paste my Newman video which took an extra 30 seconds.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're awfully insecure, and an asshole. I've never even considered your ethnicity or height, only that you never lettered in ****.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Lettered in ****?” Lol the only people who care about that are people who peaked in high school. But congrats on making varsity!

Brah, I've got 2 or more of the following:

1. Hot water heaters
2. Dogs
3. AC units
4. Class
5. Cars
6. Kids
7. Not peasant

You, on the other had, are feckless tiddy baby.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brah, I've got 2 or more of the following:

1. Hot water heaters
2. Dogs
3. AC units
4. Class
5. Cars
6. Kids
7. Not peasant

You, on the other had, are feckless tiddy baby.

Oh man. If in earnest, too sad. Sorry, man—sucks that things turned out like that for you. If meant to be funny, I guess you can rack up humor with your other mediocrities.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man. If in earnest, too sad. Sorry, man—sucks that things turned out like that for you. If meant to be funny, I guess you can rack up humor with your other mediocrities.

Your deficiencies are legion.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, you idiots. The point is that “**** Your Noguchi Table” is an empty critique, not that my things are somehow exempt—they are not. Anything anyone likes that has become valuable/expensive is a target. Hence, its aim is actually to attack the people who buy the things (i.e. people with money), not the things themselves. And then you ******* morons cheer it on—while buying the **** it makes fun of! Because you think when you buy an Eames lounge chair or Noguchi table, you are somehow being more tasteful than the rich people who buy them. Same as when you make fun of DWR and then turnaround to ask about Arco lamps without missing a beat.

I quite like Eames lounge chairs, Noguchi tables, and Arco lamps.
Jesus. I wasn't even trying to troll you.

GeneralEmployer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This means you have reached the next level of trolling. Try stands for tomorrow really yesterday, which means anything that you 'try,' you're never gonna do. Real trolls don't try to troll, they just troll. How do you think I got to where I am today?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads